Found a bottle but can't find any info.

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Natural

Reaction score
Hello all, I'm new to the forum.
I made an interesting find yesterday. I found a stash of 9 old bottles stuck in the attic of our old house. (house over 100 years old)
Anyway most of them are 9" Watkin's Trial Mark bottles. Some hand blown some machine blown. There was a nice amber blob top Warner's Kidney & Liver Cure bottle. A nice pint oval flask shaped bottle. (flat bottom, no marks, machine blown)
And the interesting one that I can't find any info on is almost identical to the Watkin's bottles but it says Confer's Trial Mark. On the side it says, The S.D. Confer Med. Co. It is machine blown 9" tall and slightly purplish.
Has anyone ever heard of "Confer's" and if so are they rare.
Oh and one other tragic thing is that it was the one that cracked while trying to get it out of the hole it was jammed in. (there is a small hole in the back and cracks going around the shoulders and side but still in one piece) And the cork is still in it
Thanks,[:)]
Bill

cyberdigger

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum, Bill!
I think you found somebody's secret bottle hiding spot, doin'some drinkin' behind the wife's back maybe![;)]
Somebody on the forum will know about the Confers, I'm sure.. Warner's Cures are nice bottles, a bit common but a "must have" for any starting collection. -Charlie

Natural

Reaction score
I thought I'd add a pic just for clarification.

[;)]

FA16E4AC61074BB89DF16C2CA26C3D63.jpg

Attachments

• FA16E4AC61074BB89DF16C2CA26C3D63.jpg
    FA16E4AC61074BB89DF16C2CA26C3D63.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 37

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tasha85