Found a bottle & have a few questions…

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

TJ

Reaction score
Found a bottle & have a few questions…

Circumstances: This weekend while walking on the beach in Milford, CT I saw something and when I went down to dig it out it turned out to be a glass flask. The inscription on the top was Warranted Flask. Most of the bottle was intact but part of the bottom was broken. Similar pictures seem to identify the bottles age as the late 19th century.

Question: Could that bottle have been in the sand for all this time and recently got churned up by the storms? Or is there another explanation as to how I could find a 100+ year old bottle on a somewhat popular beach. Thanks in advance.

braddboi

Reaction score
RE: Found a bottle & have a few questions…

hey tj u never know where some1 got drunk and lost their flask......lol does it look like this 1??????
good luck bradd

Bz78110.jpg

TJ

Reaction score

Thanks Brad!! It does look like that picture except the part of the bottom is broken off and it still has the cork in it. Much appreciated.

Miles

Reaction score

People used to dump their trash in the ocean, or boat out into the middle and then dump it out. The whole bottle would be worth about 2.00, because it's really common, and it's from the 1880's.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tasha85