Found a new dump in the woods

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

RCO

Reaction score
by chance came across this dump on the weekend , wasn't aware and wasn't expecting to find it when i was walking around this location. which i'd describe as an abandoned wooded lot off a major road . but appears something was here at some point in time ( 50's or 60's era ) or it was being used as some sort of community dump site based on the amount of stuff far too much for 1 home.

i'm attempting to try and find out more about the location but don't seem to have any maps that show this exact spot for some reason and nothing is really mentioned about it in any books i have.

but walked around and found alot of broken soda's from 50's 60's era , didn't do any actual digging and suspect there is alot more here. as its a big site and could go down deeper

you can see from pictures found many brands and bottles - coca cola , pepsi have dates of 1957 > plus a Swirl bottle , orange crush , 7 up swim bottle, stubby bev , nesbitts orange , suncrest , canada dry , pure spring - up town , john collins , Kist , Muskoka Dry/Browns Bev , Nu Grape , Hinds Bev Orillia ,

unreadable bottle between the Stubby /7up is actually a " lock city Beverage from Sault Ste Marie, long way from home appears to have been burnt in a fire though .

also found an orange juice bottle and blue vicks bottle , many other bottles lying around like glass jars , liquor , ketchup

cleaned up the Kist Ginger Ale cause i've never found one before and it still had most of the front label but not much of back

have some days off this week so plan to go back and will update it i find anything else interesting

DSC06053.JPG
DSC06055.JPG
DSC06057.JPG
DSC06058.JPG
DSC06059.JPG
DSC06061.JPG

RCO

Reaction score
Keep at it. You've got a good start. Keep digging and if the conditions allow it, dig deeper! I've been in some dumps that were used for decades. 70s on top and 1900 at the bottom.

forgot to mention appears someone else dug there but likely a long time ago , might be why there was so many broken bottles lying around .

but still thinking there could be some interesting finds still there as its such a big site and appears to go deeper than just surface finds , i won't really know what is there until i poke around some more and start digging into it

RCO

Reaction score
here is the stuff i found yesterday , believe it or not , all this fit into 1 of those resueable grocery bags except the metal soap dispencer i carried it

alot more broken stuff , not sure there is any non broken soda's in this dump , but is non broken jars and such

lots more coca cola with dates in early > late 50's , pepsi colas also from 50's > 60's , canada dry , Kist , Orange Crush/Crush , 7 up Shield and 1 swim , stubby bev , Wilsons Ginger ale Toronto , Pure Spring , Mission Beverages , Tab diet , Wishing Well ,

Locals were Browns Beverages Gravenhurst and Macdonalds Beverages North Bay , even though dump is along way south of North Bay the bottles seem to have traveled south along the old highway to this spot, which is suspect was some sort of highway business /service centre/gas station years ago. not highway anymore but pretty sure road used to be main highway years ago .

and a couple broken Milk Jugs , a metal soap dispencer , 4 flat top cans Mason's , Pepsi , Orange Crush

DSC06080.JPG
DSC06081.JPG
DSC06082.JPG
DSC06083.JPG
DSC06085.JPG

RCO

Reaction score
Some of them could make good drinking glasses. Cut the tops and sand down the lips and presto!

yeah seen people do that with older bottles , most of these are pretty damaged . bottle have to be mostly there to try something like that .

the 7 up bottle is missing the paint but i cleaned it off and its actually an 8 bubble bottle . so its really early in terms of 7 up bottles

has the " you like it , it likes you " wording on back and from 7 up Ontario ltd Toronto . , its pretty beat up but still neat to find one of the really old 7 up's

you won't be able to see it in pictures but i put it up to better light and counted the bubbles and is for sure 8 on the 7up logo on neck

DSC06087.JPG
DSC06088.JPG
DSC06089.JPG
DSC06090.JPG

wk20

Reaction score
How do you find these dumps? I live in a coastal area and really the only place I can find them are tidal creeks in the marshes, I guess it works but I have to get all muddy and stuff.

RCO

Reaction score
How do you find these dumps? I live in a coastal area and really the only place I can find them are tidal creeks in the marshes, I guess it works but I have to get all muddy and stuff.

found this one by chance , had been walking around the site and though area looked odd and might be stuff like metal down there .

but weird cause i've been to site several times before and never noticed the dump till now as its like hidden and way in the back behind some trees .

wk20

Reaction score
Oh nice! If you have a metal detector you should definitely check it out with that too, I'm sure there are some cool things down there!

RCO

Reaction score
Oh nice! If you have a metal detector you should definitely check it out with that too, I'm sure there are some cool things down there!

wondered about that too although area that would of seen most activity is closer to road and more visible

area with dump is already so much metal not sure what you'd find with the detector

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Acrgator