Found a new dump in the woods

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

RCO

Reaction score
cleaned up the wishing well and macdonalds green bottle so i could take a picture of them , unfortuently both have cracks in them so wouldn't even be any good as cut off cups .

the wishing well is the 11 oz version , found these the odd time before when swimming but not really that common around here

the Macdonalds green bottle is 12 oz , its from North Bay Ontario . which is a long way north of this dump . have a clear 12 oz somewhere but haven't found the green version before , have seen it for sale a few times so itsn't that uncommon to come across .

won't be going back to this dump until saturday so will post an update sunday of whatever i find

DSC06102.JPG
DSC06103.JPG
DSC06105.JPG
DSC06107.JPG

Sitcoms

Reaction score
This stuff is exactly in line with the stuff that I dig, mostly 50s-early 60s. Plenty of the big brand name bottles, but I've found some of the embossed non-liquor bottles of this age still piques people's interest as well.

RCO

Reaction score
This stuff is exactly in line with the stuff that I dig, mostly 50s-early 60s. Plenty of the big brand name bottles, but I've found some of the embossed non-liquor bottles of this age still piques people's interest as well.

i just dig up whatever i can find , i'd like to dig up soon earlier dumps but never really seem to find many.

yet to determine a start age for this dump , end date appears to be when they started to use pepsi no deposits so around late 1960's or early 70's

but less sure of a start date for dump , that 7 up was used around 1940's but yet to find any coca cola's with dates that early so tough to say

Hezezilla

Reaction score
i just dig up whatever i can find , i'd like to dig up soon earlier dumps but never really seem to find many.

yet to determine a start age for this dump , end date appears to be when they started to use pepsi no deposits so around late 1960's or early 70's

but less sure of a start date for dump , that 7 up was used around 1940's but yet to find any coca cola's with dates that early so tough to say
My digging habits are very much the same. Not too much bottle real estate around me and I never really find much when I hike about

I assume you know how to identify date codes and whatnot on bottles. I noticed that at times, a lack of a particular product until a certain time period (in your case no cokes until after the 40s) might have to do with local availability or the wealth of whoever was dumping there. Alternatively, it could be someone from a different background dumping at the same place. An example would be the differences of what rich and poor people throw away. A rich person would be more inclined to throw out a coke bottle while a poor person is more likely to return it for the deposit.

RCO

Reaction score
My digging habits are very much the same. Not too much bottle real estate around me and I never really find much when I hike about

I assume you know how to identify date codes and whatnot on bottles. I noticed that at times, a lack of a particular product until a certain time period (in your case no cokes until after the 40s) might have to do with local availability or the wealth of whoever was dumping there. Alternatively, it could be someone from a different background dumping at the same place. An example would be the differences of what rich and poor people throw away. A rich person would be more inclined to throw out a coke bottle while a poor person is more likely to return it for the deposit.

i suspect the dump is from a roadway service center / gas station as it used to be main highway . its now just a main road but used to be main highway north . so alot of cars would of been going south and north each day years ago.

might explain why so many broken bottles , they were tossing there trash out back and these were the bottles that got broke accidently or customers left behind cause they were broken

that soap dispencer thing i found definitely not from a private residence , have to be from a business of some sort

Hezezilla

Reaction score
i suspect the dump is from a roadway service center / gas station as it used to be main highway . its now just a main road but used to be main highway north . so alot of cars would of been going south and north each day years ago.

might explain why so many broken bottles , they were tossing there trash out back and these were the bottles that got broke accidently or customers left behind cause they were broken

that soap dispencer thing i found definitely not from a private residence , have to be from a business of some sort
I wonder how much the deposit values were for all the soda brands at the time. I wonder if you got paid more for some brands.

RCO

Reaction score
I wonder how much the deposit values were for all the soda brands at the time. I wonder if you got paid more for some brands.
i don't know anything about the value $ people were paid for each deposit

however i do know that some of the local bottlers were worried about people tossing away there bottles

on the back of the acl Browns beverages bottle i found broken, there is specific wording telling people to return the bottle for deposit and to not throw it away , so they were going after to people to make sure they returned them

Martenrat

Reaction score
Muskoka Dry certainly has lots of regional interest. Have you come across any Temagami Dry bottles that date to late 50's early 60's? Lots of late 70's bottles out there but fewer older than that. Same with Muskoka Dry. My family owned a cabin in Temagami district for 80 years and I have been looking for these bottles that are more vintage but not much luck really.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Acrgator