Found a new dump in the woods

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

RCO

Reaction score
Muskoka Dry certainly has lots of regional interest. Have you come across any Temagami Dry bottles that date to late 50's early 60's? Lots of late 70's bottles out there but fewer older than that. Same with Muskoka Dry. My family owned a cabin in Temagami district for 80 years and I have been looking for these bottles that are more vintage but not much luck really.

oddly at that same site by the road in some woods i found a shard ( bottom half ) of a temagami dry bottle 3 or 4 years ago . at the time just assumed it came from old highway and it was found like 100 feet or more away from dump which is hidden further back in woods and i was not aware of at time .

have found bottles from Macdonalds North Bay ( bottlers of temagami dry ginger ale ) in this dump but no temagami dry bottles yet . it was actually bottled in North Bay not temagami , name just sounded better

i have a couple different temagami dry bottles not sure what ones exactly as there is several versions they used over the years

RCO

Reaction score
more broken bottles an stuff found yesterday , it did show there but it had melted so dump clear

lots of coca cola and a broken bottle from US / virginia will post pic . more pepsi , lots of 7 up some swim , shield and no deposit .

a couple no deposits ( no names on them ) were not broken and is jars there not broke as you can see . a blue vicks bottle , jar lid , flash light , metal lid , broken plate

more kist , adanac bev , john collins , hires , fanta , canada dry , stubby , also found the neck of a nesbitts bottle and appears to fit the bottom half i found earlier so might try and put it together

locals were - Browns bev , Garlands North Bay , Cormacks ginger ale - Parry Sound , and part of an odd one from northern ontario appears to be called " north shore bottling " will post more about it later as i look into it

3 flat top cans - 7 up , canada dry - wink , Patio - root beer

DSC06109.JPG
DSC06111.JPG
DSC06112.JPG
DSC06113.JPG
DSC06114.JPG

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
That Patio Root Beer can could be a good one, I can't find any matching examples online, and it's not on the canmuseum site (not sure how complete that site typically is though).

Martenrat

Reaction score
See Wikipedia on Patio history. It's a 60's and 70's short lived label. It was a cheap alternative to the major labels and readily available on our side of the Niagara.

RCO

Reaction score
That Patio Root Beer can could be a good one, I can't find any matching examples online, and it's not on the canmuseum site (not sure how complete that site typically is though).

its not in very good condition, was going to post some more pictures of them to metal section later

haven't found very many patio cans before , pretty sure i have a grape one but its a pull top

RCO

Reaction score
took pictures of a few of the broken ones i though were interesting enough to photograph

forgot to mention ones of the 7 up's was from US but a long way from here a shield bottle from Thermopolis Wyoming

and rate nearby found the coca cola from Norton Virginia also a long way from home and an odd one to find as its such a small town in western virginia , has a date on it of 48

the stubby still has alot of colour , red and white still there

a broken Cormacks Ginger Ale from Parry Sound Ontario , despite being nearby i actually have not found very many of these bottles over the years only a couple broken/non broken ones ever found

and a broken clear bottle but also a long way from here , on back in barely readable print " Northern Shore Bottling , Sault Ste Marie . " appears to be from Michigan not Ontario and can't find a pic of a complete one

DSC06115.JPG
DSC06121.JPG
DSC06123.JPG
DSC06120.JPG
DSC06117.JPG
DSC06125.JPG

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
its not in very good condition, was going to post some more pictures of them to metal section later

haven't found very many patio cans before , pretty sure i have a grape one but its a pull top
It's got visible paint, that means that it should look pretty good after a soak in citric acid/lemon juice. I rarely find flat tops around here which have any visible paint at all, but even the fully rusted ones usually end up fully legible after soaking, if not exactly the prettiest-looking.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Acrgator