found another dump, on a roll

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

DIGGINDAVE

Reaction score
I decided to take a hike through the woods tonight after dinner. I grabbed my backpack and headed off right out of my own driveway for a change. A quarter mile up the road is a 1700's farmhouse, so I backdoored the property line by walking near the golf course next door. I found a few old wagon trails that i've never noticed before. For some reason i've never really explored this area. I came upon a corner where two stone walls met, and noticed a single piece of iron sticking thru, and a large mound of dirt and rocks about 20 feet in diameter that just didn't look right. I only had a hand trowel with me, and started digging. The first spot I only found a few random shards of glass, and nothing to identify age. I moved over 10 feet and it felt crunchy underfoot. The first shovelful brought out loads of glass and tin cans. It looked to be 30's and 40's stuff on the surface. But as I dug deeper, cork tops started popping out, along with some 10's 20's screwcaps (Sloan's linament for example). I got a little hole dug up to my arm and wasn't anywhere near reaching the bottom. I hope the age gets better, not really sure how far down it goes! I'll go back tomorrow with better tools. The mosquitos were nasty too, even with spray. They're terrible this year in the northeast.

Grampy Green Jeans

Reaction score
They r BAD this year! I came home tonight from a short adventure and they had chewed me so bad my eyes had got puffy looked like I ad been in a fight... I was, a dirt and Skeeter fight...[:mad:]

swizzle

Reaction score
I love Skeeters!!! If it wasn't for Skeeters I'd have little to no reason to invent new swear words. Swiz [:D]

Anthonicia

Reaction score
The skeeters haven't bothered me too much yet this year. I got a whole lot of poison everything on my whole body spread from my arms. I washed with cold water right away too, but I got it really bad. Guess I grabbed a vine and pulled it up. Think I would learn after getting it at least once a month... Oh well, sorry for posting a whining poison ivy story.

DIGGINDAVE

Reaction score
i hope so, i'll post pictures tonight of what i find. thinking about digging it at work right now

KBbottles

Reaction score
Dave,

Can't wait to see the pics. I think about digging all day at work too. It's torture and makes for a long day! I want to get out after work as well. we shall see if I can make it happen :)

green dragon

Reaction score
skip work and go DIG IT.

skipped work yesterday to dig with a newfound friend who invited me along, but , although she found a bunch of goodies last week, we both got little to nothing after 6+ hours digging ... more to come.

keep posting, cause I * AM * going to find one like you guys post, I can smell it [:D]

~ AL

old.s.bottles

Reaction score
Yeah the skeeters are bad this year cause the white fungus bats get is bad this year. Guess who eats skeeters...good luck on your dump tho. I found a huge pile of rocks where two walls met once, makes me think there's stuff under that. I just assumed there wasn't till I read your post.[sm=rolleyes.gif]

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
krähemijers