Found bottle need help.

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

suzanne

Reaction score
RE: Found Pennsylania bottle need help.

Blobs like that sell for 15 dollars and up
in antique stores around here if they are in good condition

bottlediger

Reaction score

ORIGINAL: baltodigger

Thats really intresting...here in Baltimore, people go crazy over unlisted stuff....ie. one of a kind. Is it the number of brewerys there? Number of collectors who specifically collect beers? what is your opinion for this?

My guess would be because balt has only a couple hundred (if that) blobs compaired to philly (a couple thousand) blobs. Its much more easy in a lifetime to optain 90% of the blobs from balt then it is from philly. Also in philly there are so many more available IP and smooth base Squat sodas/beers that I am guessing people would choose those to collect than the stupid looking blobs because they are reasonably cheep from (philly). Not the case with Balt. IP sodas and beers are much more difficult to optain and bring more money (usally) so they are out of a lot of collectors budgets.

That would be my guess John

Digger Ry

ancientdigger69

Reaction score

i guess it comes down to supply and demand. i moved out of philly 5 years ago to central illinois but still collect philly bottles. i know i will never have 1 of every one but i do buy everyone i see that is reasonably priced that i dont have. 2nd and federal is in the heart of south philly where there were ALOT of brewers. the available supply of philly bottles is insane. they are found all over the country. but i dare you to dig me a peoria bottle in philly, baltimore, or new york. it will probably never happen. and if it does, its a one in a million shot. but neat bottle though, one i havent seen or have.

johnymc17.

Reaction score

Hemi- hears a link that can help with the rosenberg and other such bottles....like someone said Philly was a huge player in bottles....we find stuff up hear in the lehigh valley that is unique at least to us but is often a small player in many respects.....nice bottle though and my opinion is "beauty is in the eye of the beholder" plus sweat equity factored in....I've got common bottles in my collection that all have a story...

did I tell you the one.........

http://www.sodasandbeers.com/SABShowBottle.aspx?Bottle=18068AA&Firm_Number=18068

phil44

Reaction score

I think part of the reason for the general lack of interest in Philly blob top beers is that there are so many pontiled sodas from there.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aarhar75