found gold in the woods

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

epgorge

Reaction score
I dont know allot about a little but I do know a little about allot. Science channel.
Joel.

morbious_fod

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: epgorge

I never had them.... Are they good? Can hyou dry them or do you eat them right away like morels?

That's just the Appalachian slang term for morels. I guess it's due to the frying in flower part of cooking them much the same as you would fry trout. I've just always called them that. I didn't know they were called morels untill I was in about the fifth grade.

epgorge

Reaction score
I prefer them fried and with only butter, maybe a little onion and garlic. They have a very unique flavor of their own, something not said for most fungi.
Joel

BRIAN S.

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: morbious_fod

ORIGINAL: epgorge

I never had them.... Are they good? Can hyou dry them or do you eat them right away like morels?

That's just the Appalachian slang term for morels. I guess it's due to the frying in flower part of cooking them much the same as you would fry trout. I've just always called them that. I didn't know they were called morels untill I was in about the fifth grade.

The Hillbilly slang for them here is Dry Land Fish also !
Not many here this year either. Late hard freeze got most .

Digger George

Reaction score
I found this, it's solid gold, there's many more, but everytime I go back to get more those damn leprechauns keep hitting me with their shillelagh's.

gold_mushroom_112903.jpg

epgorge

Reaction score
Spence,
Those are spray painted gold. Just because you are so enamored with magic mushrooms, I send you to these links. A picture is attached below. Don't try these unless you want to see Timothy Leary and all his cohorts. They grow out of cow patties.
Joel

Psychedelic mushrooms is a general term for fungi that contain psychoactive substances. It may refer to:
[ul][*]Psilocybin mushrooms – mushrooms containing psilocin and psilocybin, and sometimes other psychoactive tryptamines. Such mushrooms belong chiefly to the genera Psilocybe and Panaeolus (= Copelandia), as well as certain members of Gymnopilus, Inocyb, Conocybe, and other genera. [/ul]

37047CD778A8470793B644FF69D30E65.jpg

Attachments

• 37047CD778A8470793B644FF69D30E65.jpg
    37047CD778A8470793B644FF69D30E65.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 84

epgorge

Reaction score
Such mushrooms belong chiefly to the genera Psilocybe and Panaeolus (= Copelandia), as well as certain members of Gymnopilus, Inocyb, Conocybe, and other genera.

This mushroom has look-a-likes which also spore in the same medium as psilocyben. Some will kill you. If you don't know what you are doing with mushrooms, it may be the last thing "you don't know".[&o]
You could say it is a dying art. If you want to pick good eatible shrooms (food, not fun), find someone who picks those which you like and learn from them. Then stay away from other shrooms you don't know about. Only look for the ones you know. I stay away from those with a multitude of look-a-likes. Those who collect those must do spore tests (color test on paper from sportes, over night), before they eat them.
There are a couple of shrooms out there you don't even want to touch as they will give off nerve toxins through your skin. What I know has been handed down through generations, from my grandfather to me, and eventually to someone else. I have taught quite a few how to find several shrooms.

Joel

epgorge

Reaction score
Wise leprechaun's. They are usually pretty good judges of character.

If that isn't a Reeses peanut butter cup spray-painted gold, it is a shroom called an "Eyelash Cup" (not quite that color), if I am not mistaken.
Ep

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AuctionAnnie