found more soda cans and a Crush bottle

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

RCO

Reaction score
with nothing to do I went back to a location I checked last fall that had some 80's era cans to see if I missed anything .

was some more cans there but most in really bad shape , was a few ok ones I had missed . such as a five alive , new coke , Schweppes ginger ale , a & w root beer , pepsi , cott - cola , chateau ginger ale , Hi - C Grape .

also found 2 mountain dew cans at another spot , there both damaged beyond repair , one is the 70's era can and other a thin metal one from late 80's ?

20200409_131237.jpg

RCO

Reaction score
some cleaned up ok , the cott - cola was mostly damaged but could start to see the red paint coming thru . I like Cott cans but that one too late to recover .

the Hi - C grape is one I don't recall seeing before , said on the can it was made by coca cola and is from the late 70's or early 80's , the French side had a lot of colour still , can see the grape design

20200409_133201.jpg

RCO

Reaction score
also found this odd item along a road when I was searching around the other day , didn't appear to be part of a dump but was a couple old liquor bottles nearby .

is a dominion stores " frozen concentrated orange juice " can , made of tin type metal doesn't seem to be aluminum , thinking its from 50's or 60's era .

is a lot of writing on the can and a lot of colour still , says product of USA . dominion stores limited , Halifax , Montreal , Toronto , Winnipeg , Vancouver - Canada , contents 6 1/4 fl oz

DSC02646.JPG
DSC02648.JPG
DSC02649.JPG

RCO

Reaction score
found this 10 oz crush bottle along a roadway , hidden among some trees and leaves , surprised by how my of the acl survived and in such good shape for being outdoors .

has French and English on the bottle , thinking its from late 60's or early 70's era

DSC02650.JPG
DSC02652.JPG

SKjugcollector

Reaction score
Your sure lucky to be able to go out search and dig, we still have two feet of snow on the ground and the forecast is for colder than normal for the rest of the week.
The best we can do is scour the internet.

RCO

Reaction score
Your sure lucky to be able to go out search and dig, we still have two feet of snow on the ground and the forecast is for colder than normal for the rest of the week.
The best we can do is scour the internet.

there is still snow here and its cold today , however a lot of it has melted away last week or so , so most areas are searchable now , so I can check more in the coming weeks

RCO

Reaction score
I've never seen the swift current beverages bottle before , in fact never seen any bottles from that city . also haven't seen the Jamaican dry in yellow label before , has ml on so must be newer than others I've seen

pretty sure I've seen the other bottles online before

RCO

Reaction score
went out yesterday and poked around some various locations , mostly seemed to be coming across modern cans or bottles . at one embankment which is along a small road which leads to a waterfront area .

found some bottles but nothing worth keeping in this condition , was 3 stubby bottles ( diet coke , c plus - orange and no label ) , a common coca cola and a lot of brown glass beer bottles

also found a car battery at another spot , someone had tossed in down a ditch near a highway . I actually keep those because there is a scrap metal place nearby that buys them , there usually worth around $ 8 - $ 10 each depending on weight , so it paid for most of my gas

20200411_182845.jpg

TrashPanda

Reaction score
I used to get the frozen concentrate of five alive to make a gallon jug. Thanks for the post

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jimk26