found more soda cans and a Crush bottle

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

SKjugcollector

Reaction score
It was a pleasant surprise when I went to see the bottles, there were two I hadn't seen before. really happy to get the embossed Rose Beverages from Prince Albert, it finishes my set of three.

It's always nice to recycle what we can and get paid for it to boot.

RCO

Reaction score
It was a pleasant surprise when I went to see the bottles, there were two I hadn't seen before. really happy to get the embossed Rose Beverages from Prince Albert, it finishes my set of three.

It's always nice to recycle what we can and get paid for it to boot.

there is bottles from Ontario in the same style / design as the swift current one , it was widely used in Canada . some from smaller cities/towns would be less common which would be why I hadn't seen it before

this time of year I find a lot of modern stuff which isn't worth keeping , mostly goes into the recycling , years from now I may regret tossing so much of it but isn't anything to do with it now

RCO

Reaction score
I used to get the frozen concentrate of five alive to make a gallon jug. Thanks for the post

you can still buy juice in frozen concentrate , the contain is made of paper/cardboard now . not exactly sure when they stopped making them out of metal

SKjugcollector

Reaction score
There are times I wish we could go back in time and keep or put aside things that we passed up. The younger generation is not interested in the old stuff

RCO

Reaction score
was out again poking around some various locations along a small highway , mostly saw a lot of modern stuff or junk beer/liquor bottles .
at one spot where I had previously found some no deposit bottles I stumbled onto a small dump which had a lot of 60's/70's era cans , most if not all weren't in good condition though

various brands - pepsi , coca cola , Canada dry , Canada dry - tonic water , 7 up , crush , America dry , Hires , grand prix - cream soda , Schweppes .

also found some no deposit bottles , most had no writing on them , the large green bottle has a 7 up cap and the 2nd clear one has a Wilson's Toronto cap ,

20200414_154332.jpg
20200414_154947.jpg

RCO

Reaction score
attempted to clean some of them , some of the newer 7 up's still had colour , some white showing on older 7 up ,

the wording on the American dry can is somewhat visible ,

the crush can is some sort of diet ? can , haven't seen it before but not in good shape . has " dry " on it , 2 calories

the pepsi's were mostly in rough shape but some colour , the Canada dry cans were all in bad condition , not much left of the grand prix - cream soda but hadn't found that flavour before

20200414_161835.jpg

20200414_162033.jpg

Dewfus

"Saving The Past So It Has A Future"
Reaction score
some cleaned up ok , the cott - cola was mostly damaged but could start to see the red paint coming thru . I like Cott cans but that one too late to recover .

the Hi - C grape is one I don't recall seeing before , said on the can it was made by coca cola and is from the late 70's or early 80's , the French side had a lot of colour still , can see the grape design

View attachment 205282
Never started collecting cans yet I just might start

RCO

Reaction score
Never started collecting cans yet I just might start

I was never that interested in them at the start either although always found them around here . I gradually realised there was some interesting ones out there to find and the reality is if I don't find them soon there going to rust away to nothing

although surprised that 7 up can has survived for so long and in such condition for being outdoors , its likely been outside for almost 60 years if it was used in 1960 - 62 era

SKjugcollector

Reaction score
I don't think pop cans were marketed very much in Saskatchewan. I don't remember picking them in the ditches when we were kids or seeing them at garage sales or auctions later on

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bearybottlebaby1776