found small bottle

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Reaction score
I picked up an antique chest for a friend in an antique store in Jefferson Texas. Later when we looked inside we found a few things. Some weird blue rocks, a skeleton key, and these bottles. I was hoping someone could tell me about them (rarity, approximate worth, etc) the first is a tiny medicine bottle and the other is more of a container than a bottle.
The second is a hair dye called calorific tablets from lasteen company. St. Paul minn.

Reaction score
Having a little trouble with this site on my phone. I believe I attached a picture though

Attachments

• 63ba1744a3d24e22a296dab36d902fab.jpg
    63ba1744a3d24e22a296dab36d902fab.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 65

strongj5678

Reaction score
Morphine sulphate is a narcotic bottle and they are normally very desirable. If the contents are in it, it may be worth more. I'm thinking at least $50.

Reaction score
Thank you for your reply! I don't think I could ever sell it just because of where I found it.. it was like hidden treasure in a literal chest lol

sunrunner

Reaction score
I found an old doctors bag in a pile of old junk being thrown out , and in it was dozens if vials of with this kind of stuff in it . morphine , laudanum . heroin , . this was back in my high school days .a friend of mine Stoll the bag , and guess what! I never saw him agene !

Reaction score
What a jerk! I'm really sorry to hear that. I've been collecting bottles since I was 7 years old and if someone were to steal some of my bottles, especially something as cool as what you found, I would be so upset!

strongj5678

Reaction score
I dream about finds like that. One friend told me back in the 50's (he's an older guy) that they went into an empty house that was a doctor's back in the 1800's and it was a bottle and medical collectors mother lode. In those days they didn't see the value I guess and he left it. It's long gone now for sure.

coreya

Reaction score
Just remember if the contents are still original and you go to sell it or for that mater take it across town and are stopped by the law you may end up with more than you counted on in the way of trouble! Its still Illegal!

sunrunner

Reaction score
a lot of these drugs can still be dangerous , if find some thing that is skeptical I dump it out . it's the bottle that's impotent .

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TDF.1973