Found some crocks at a yard sale...but need a price quote......

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

woodswalker

Reaction score
I stopped at a yard sale and noticed on all the shelves tons of crocks and old bottles that weren't for sale...Of course I asked about them...I have no idea of their value and didn't want to cheat her in any way...Is their anyone who may know an approximate price to offer her for these items? She had tons more she said...her husband is an excavator....I think I want that job[8|][8|][8|]

8683E98B151144FB9E5F0D8CC17C7A66.jpg

Attachments

• 8683E98B151144FB9E5F0D8CC17C7A66.jpg
    8683E98B151144FB9E5F0D8CC17C7A66.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 31

div2roty

Reaction score
I sell the two tone jugs in my store for around $15. The crock is earlier and better, worth about 25-50, depending on where you are selling it. They are fairly common in the NE.

botlguy

Reaction score
I agree with Matt on what he has said except the condition looks RUFF on both jugs. The "crock" I believe is a salt glaze canning jar and a nice item but since it is not decorated or have incuse marking it is limited in value, about what Matt said. The Chicago stoneware bottle is likely a Ginger Beer and would probably be a real good item except for the damage. If it is Extremely Rare it would still be worth quite a bit. The last bottle appears to be a stoneware master ink.

That's all I can input without more info. Hope you can make a good deal.

div2roty

Reaction score
From my experience, condition matters a little less with the two tone jugs because collectors are not buying them, but rather people are buying them for decoration. That being said I was typing my reponse as you were posting pics, so if those chips are big out of the one jug I would certainly value it less. The jugs seem dirty, but that should clean up. I've seen the plain salt glaze crocks priced at $75, but I've never sold one priced anywhere near that high. That crock would be the best item. Once I bought one for like $2 at an auction and I priced it at $25 and sold it right away. I see a ton of those at local auctions and they often bring around $20-25. I try to get them cheap enough to price around $35, which means I see a lot more sell then I buy. If you were buying that for yourself and could get it less than $30 that would be fair.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ROC.NYbottles