Found these in my Shed

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

TammyAnn

Reaction score
Hi,I am new to this forum,and I have had a wonderful time looking thru all the thread posts.I went digging in my old shed,and here are a few jars that caught my eye right away. In this photo are;
Knox Mason jar with the 'K' emblem, a Ball pint jar that is the prettiest color of yellow I have ever seen,it is a perfect mason and has the side grips on it.
A Quart-Brockway Clear-Vu mason.
A Ball special clear PINT with side grips,the glass looks warbled.
A Quart- Blue Ball,with off set on the "perfect Mason"
and 2 square quart jars with a smooth place on the front for a label maybe?
One of these seems a little grey,the other is completely clear.These two have a grid pattern all the way around them.There is only a 'C'in a circle of the bottoms of these.Anyone have any idea what the square jars are? I don't even have a clue if any of these are worth anything.Anyone know? and Thankyou Heaps in advance!

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v627/TammyAnn/yellowjar1.jpg
I cant seem to get a picture loaded up here...and I even shrunk it tiny...and I get page cannot be displayed,so..Ive added a link to view it...I hope thats ok?

JohnRoy

Reaction score
TammyAnn,

I raided my mother-in-law's smokehouse myself a few months ago and started turing jars into serious cash! I also found some Knox (1/2 Gallon, 1 Quart, and 1 pint). They are more hard to find than others... The amber Ball is a good find, but blue ir fairly common from what I've learned, unless it is 1/2 pint? The ones with grids look like a "Good Housekeeping," but I've not seen them that big. Make sure you grab anything that says Speas or White House. Those are big money!
-John

TammyAnn

Reaction score
HI John Roy..I'll bet you had alot of fun rummaging thru that smoke house!
I know Id sure be excited too.I have found TONS of jars out there.Some I got 2o years ago when I started canning,and they were old then,but I never gave them a second thought. Then when I saw a bunch of pretty blue jars hit the sunlight..I started bringing them in.Ive got 3 of the 1/2 gallon balls jars in the blue,and a bunch of them in the clear.Loads of Dreys,several midlands,a very nice Presto,loads of Atlas,Mom's Mason,and a few others.There are also a bunch out there with the Atlas emblem on the bottoms,but nothing on the front of the jar itself,just the emblem and number,or numbers.Have no idea if they are even of value.Ive had such fun going thru them all,and there are many more out there.Its really been alot of fun...but oh..my poor hands...all that washing...lol.[:D]

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bdahlem