Found this one Yesterday

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

hemihampton

Reaction score
Found this one Yesterday after Work. Near my Work they tore down another old house. The whole back yard had the top few inches scraped away, some spots maybe a foot deep. Like usual I walk right to the back corner & as usual I find Bottles because that's where they hide, in back corner, only a few inches of top soil scraped away. not a good sign as the Bottles like to hide much deeper. Doesn't appear any Concrete Floor scraped away either, another bad sign. BUT, in the corner is one very small hole about a foot deep & in this hole I see a busted quart Bottle. I pull it out & it's a common Wegener, I get a Stick & scrape around the Dirt. I find about 3 or 4 more Quart Wegeners all busted up & about 3-4 Detroit Brewing Co Bottles all busted up. Bummer. BUT, Then there is this loose piece of Sod/Grass & I peel it back like a piece of Carpet & to my total shock & surprise is a nice unbroken Wegener Quart, laying there flat right under the Sod, I swear this thing was just laying there about 2 inches deep, no more then 4 inches from the top which is very odd but certainly not the first time I've seen this. I wish I got a in the Ground Pic but Didn't, Here it is now. LEON.
WegDirty.JPG
WegDirtyCloseUp.JPG

K6TIM

Reaction score
The bottle could be from early 20th. century check and see if the seam goes thru the lip if it does it's an old early 1900+ bottle.It could be a beer bottle yet again a soda bottle to?

sandchip

Reaction score
You can tell it's a tooled top from the next to the last pic without checking the mold lines.

K6TIM

Reaction score
You can tell it's a tooled top from the next to the last pic without checking the mold lines.
Just below the lip of the bottle there will be concentric lines in the glass that shows it's a tooled lip other wise it's a applied lip!-K6TIM

hemihampton

Reaction score
The bottle could be from early 20th. century check and see if the seam goes thru the lip if it does it's an old early 1900+ bottle.It could be a beer bottle yet again a soda bottle to?

Wegener was known to be a big Soda Bottler in Detroit since the 1870's to 1970's. Although he was know to produce Weiss Beer in the old Days. I probably got 10+, maybe 15 different Bottles from him dating all the way back to his first 1870's Squat Bottle. Small sample of some below. LEON.
WegenerGroup.JPG
WegenersAD.jpg
Wegener2Hutchs.JPG
wegener-blob-top-1.jpg

Last edited:

K6TIM

Reaction score
Nice collection of late 1800 soda bottles.Some might be early 20th. century!

East_Tn_Bottle_Guy

Reaction score
Do you ask for permission to look through these properties or do you just kinda take a quick look? There's a couple old run down houses around here too and now you've gotten me excited. Lol

K6TIM

Reaction score
Do you ask for permission to look through these properties or do you just kinda take a quick look? There's a couple old run down houses around here too and now you've gotten me excited. Lol
Yes I would since it belong to someone.Otherwise you go inside a abound house you risk breaking and entering

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mlzeigler