Franco American Blacking Co

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Jubee

Reaction score
My pup dug this bottle up in our back yard. I haven’t been able to find out much about it and was hoping someone here might be able to help. Patent 1876. Any ideas on history or how much it might be worth?

Attachments

• IMG_3460.jpeg
    IMG_3460.jpeg
    225.9 KB · Views: 66

hemihampton

Reaction score
That's a nice find, maybe you have a dump in your backyard? I'd look for more Bottles. LEON.

UncleBruce

BEER DUDE
Reaction score
My pup dug this bottle up in our back yard. I haven’t been able to find out much about it and was hoping someone here might be able to help. Patent 1876. Any ideas on history or how much it might be worth?
It is a product for blacking wood stoves and such to keep them looking nice. Shoes too.

Jubee

Reaction score
That's a nice find, maybe you have a dump in your backyard? I'd look for more Bottles. LEON.
I’m not far from a river. I think the river was wider a long time ago. The dirt is very sandy. I’ve found a ton of broken glass. You can tell a lot of it is old. Unfortunately, just this one other bottle.

Attachments

• IMG_4053.jpeg
    IMG_4053.jpeg
    246.5 KB · Views: 61

Sitcoms

Reaction score
I’m not far from a river. I think the river was wider a long time ago. The dirt is very sandy. I’ve found a ton of broken glass. You can tell a lot of it is old. Unfortunately, just this one other bottle.
This one is much newer. I've found these in 1950s-1970s sites; I believe it was a pill bottle.

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
River banks were common places to dump trash back in the day. You might have a lot more bottles buried if you dig deeper down, although it's also possible they were deposited there during a flood (in which case there probably is a dump nearby but not necessarily on your property).

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eloc1