frankfort distilleries

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

rwe79405

Reaction score
hey found this bottle in a second hand store...cap is made of wood i believe with a cork in it....it four inches tall with a 1 1/2 inch base....cap also has frankfort distilleries on it with what looks like a picture of kentucky with 2 hands shakinkg under the state symbol..the bottom is marked with the owens illinios diamond and oval with a 6 to the left-a 5 to the right and a 3 under it...found out it was made in the charleston WV plant (closed in 1962) but i dont know how to figure out the year the bottle was made...also on the front of the bottle is a raised circle with letters raised on that that says PAUL and something else but i cant read it all.....any help on a year and what else it says on the front would be appreciated...also a value if anyone knows...

thanks in advance

Lj21558.jpg

rwe79405

Reaction score
can anyone tell me how to clean the inside of theselittle bottles...this one has something on the bottom inside

whiskeyman

Reaction score
Looks like a Paul Jones whiskey....circa 1900-16, depending upon whether blown in mold or machine made...value about $5-8 for ABM and $10 for BIM...it's fairly common.

As for cleaning the inside: small bottle brushes do the trick for me....lacking those , try tiny gravels and a small amount of soapy water...and gently swish it around.

Bottle tumbler

Reaction score
I would not use gravle of any kind it will scratch the inside, buy some copper bbs and add them inside with soapy water and shake it up and all around. that will get alot of the dirt if not all of it. if you still have stain left, then your stuck with it. unless you have them tumbled. I dont think $10 to tumble something like that is worth the money. unless it's worth $$$$

rick

whiskeyman

Reaction score
I have used small aquarium gravels for years and never scratched the innards of any bottles.....You only put about 3/4 of an inch of gravel in and enough water to cover the gravel.
An advantage over using shot or BBs is ,the gravel has tiny "sharp"edges and can get dirt out of corners...

I once knew a fellow that used sand and water ...seemed to do a good job.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Saturday