Friday's creek paddle

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

IRISH

Reaction score
Finally got back into a creek on friday after the un-seaonable rain of the past month, very impressive flow they have had too there was one bridge we passed that is ten meters above water level that was washed away and spread over 100 meters of the creek [:-] . This creek now has deep holes where the sandbanks used to be and big piles of logs and sand where there was never any before.
We jumped in in great exitement thinking about the hundreds of good bottles washed out, after two hours of nothing the exitment started to fade a bit [;)] . We did finally get onto a patch, Paul got two common 13 ounce codds (Harrison and O'Neill Bros), Travis got a couple of common Marchant Riley patents and I got a 26 ounce Harrison Fitzroy codd [:D] they are the most common of the big codds but still good to find.

I think all the bottles that should have been in there must have washed out into the sea [:D] .

Rp43522.jpg

PS I have not cleaned it yet, that's how it came out.

Attachments

• Rp43522.jpg
    Rp43522.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 89

kendolbottles1black

Reaction score
nice find irish, all the bottles i have been dragging out of the creeks here in qld are either topless or cracked . have found a few good ones around the building sites only common beers though but i still take them home to put on the shelves.anyway good padling and cheers for now ken[:D][:][]

IRISH

Reaction score
No Crocs for about 1500 Km north of here, closest you will get me to a creek with those things in it is the high water mark (and that's only if I'm carrying a big gun [:D] ).

Aerated

Reaction score
Awesome Codd!
We dont have many NZ 26oz Codds(about 3 I think).
The odd Tooheys 26oz has turned up I think.
Im going to sell a few NZ codds on our local trading site in the next few weeks.

IRISH

Reaction score
Any chance of a photo of any of the N.Z. 26 ouncers ? I've never seen any from there so it would be nice to see [:D] . There are probably around 100 different 26 ounce Codd's from Australia, most of them are harder to get than poo from a rocking horse (or teeth from a chook) [;)] .

snake oil

Reaction score
IRISH , what's the big gun for ? I thought you Aussie guys killed 20' salties with a knife , just like Crocodile Dundee . [:D][:D][:D]

Aerated

Reaction score
Sorry Irish!
I cant post any pics of NZ 260z Codds because there are so few of them!.
However I missed out on purchasing a 32oz repaired NZ Codd recently.
The bottle itself is huge!.They are extremley rare here.I think probably because of the climate, and the shipping costs from England & the practice of Children breaking them for the marbles(little Ba##a%ds!!). I guess I can only dream of digging one!.
We only seem to get the standard 10oz & 6oz Codds.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
angieb1229