From Craigslist: Old Bottles - $1000 (Dayton, NV)

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

BarbaraInCalif

Reaction score
Found this add on Craigslist this morning. Thinking that someone here may be interested in these Nevada bottles, I'm posting the add. You'll need to follow the link to the actual Craigs-listing for contact information.

http://sacramento.craigslist.org/clt/1761812049.html

Old Bottles - $1000 (Dayton, NV)

I have 27 OLD BOTTLES for sale that I dug up on the Nevada Comstock @ Virginia City. All of these bottles can be identified with the writing on each of them. Please only contact me if you are a collector and truly interested in them. Upon request I can either email or fax you a list of what is on the bottles. I will only unwrap them to show them to truly interested parties. I WILL NOT SELL ANY INDIVIDUALLY so please do not ask. Again, please do not waste my time or yours if you are not a collector prepared to possibly buy the entire collection. The pictures show my collection of 83 bottles. The ones without writing are currently not for sale since I have not researched them as yet. Call

5F961D61FEFA4802B3832B06D3E4F4B1.jpg

Attachments

• 5F961D61FEFA4802B3832B06D3E4F4B1.jpg
    5F961D61FEFA4802B3832B06D3E4F4B1.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 73

swizzle

Reaction score
$1,000 for 27 bottles that I can't see clearly and have to personally ask you about seems a bit strange. If you really want to sell them then take pics of the ones that are for sale, post all of the info on them and see what happens. You may have some scarce or rare bottles in the lot but without listing them I would just go to the next listing. If you're willing to write out an extended version for individuals then why not save yourself some time and post all the info once. Just my opinion. Good luck selling your bottles. Swiz

BarbaraInCalif

Reaction score
Hey Swiz...I AM NOT selling these!
Rather just passing on an add I saw on Craigslist thinking a fellow forum member may find them interesting.
Don't shoot the messenger, please.
I have no association with these bottle and truely appologize for any misunderstanding or implied representation,

Barbara

surfaceone

Reaction score
Hey Barbara,

Ther's a tantalizing ad. Definitely worth a reply. Potential roadtrip, I dunno, remains to be seen? Could be some goodies. There's what looks like a cathedral pickle in one foto in that montage. Last time I was in Virginia City scratching around, I got run off. There was/is UNR archeological dig going on there.

Always liked the Silver Dollar and Bucket of Blood saloons...

virginia5.jpg

swizzle

Reaction score
Opps...sorry about that. I in no way intended it to sound like a rude post. To me it just looks a bit deceiving. They are taking a pic of a lot of bottles but only selling a few of them and not providing any info about those bottles. Also I've never shot the messenger, slapped a few around a bit but never shot them. That's just mean. Swiz

jays emporium

Reaction score
This should be SO interesting to the Western collectors. I don't see $1000. there but there are a couple of embossed quart whiskeys and 3 or 4 blob top sodas. Depending what they are it could be a deal. Some of the drug stores might be embossed. If I was closer I'd sure inquire about it.
And I'd let them keep the unembossed bottles so they can research them properly.

GuntherHess

Reaction score
Anytime a seller says "do not waste my time" or "serious buyers only" to prospective buyers I know its a waste of my time[:D] next...

Lordbud

Reaction score
Yeah, the pictures don't help much other than general shape and relative size of the bottles. If they are all embossed then there might be some good value.

CALDIGR2

Reaction score
I see a bunch of commons and clunkers, but maybe a fair blob in the bunch. I recognize no fifths that can even remotely be considered "valuable". There are a couple of major collectors in and around Dayton, so I would imagine that IF the ad was legit they would've scored it by now. 90% of the Craigslist bottles I have looked at were nothing of interest.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bearybottlebaby1776