Funny encounter last evening

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

CALDIGR2

Reaction score
We stopped at a grocery after eating fish and chips at a local brewpub, and while cruising the aisles a young black woman walked up and said "How are you?" I recognized her as one who's privy we had dug last winter and I started to panic. Uh-oh, I was thinking, what did we screw up? Not to worry, she was still happy to have invited us to dig after I knocked on her door. She said that the peach tree we moved was fine and that her yard looked very nice after were were done. That kinda made my day.

I recall another similar incident a dozen years back when the encounter went the other way. This time it was an attorney whose pit we dug and he claimed that I caused his fence to lean over. I checked it out and the fence had rotted 10' from where the pit was. I went ahead and replaced the bad post and he was cool.

You just never know what folks are thinking after the dig is long over.

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: CALDIGR2

You just never know what folks are thinking after the dig is long over.
(made me think of this)

Tell me about it,one time on a dig a whole chain link fence and a concrete post from the next yard got sucked in to the pit. Thank God it was Feb and no one was milling around.
We started to panic,but that also made us work faster[8D] We supported the post with a 55 gallon drum,not the concrete post a new wood one.[:D] The concrete one was to heavy and it was stuck,so we had to bust it up with sledge hammers. we pulled the fence tight and filled it in.Good as new. Seems like a crazy going ons huh you should have been there.

The people next door were in their 80s they might have thought aliens from above pulled out the post [8D]

Sometimes its best if things are left un said.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
angieb1229