German Mineral water jug?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

tallgirltexas

Reaction score
Hello all...hoping you can help me. I've done a little research on this and have only found that it might be a german mineral water jug. It is a clay jug with the words:
"Taunus Brunnen by Appointment" around a crown seal and under that are the words:
"J. Friedrich
Grosskarben
B/Frankfurt A/M"

It also has "No. 18" stamped in the clay beneath the handle.

Any ideas on value or if that's what it really is?

Xv64987.jpg

capsoda

Reaction score
Hey Karen, You are right, It's a German mineral water bottle. They are worth $10 to $15. The #18 is probably the makers mark. They were payed by the peice and put their number or mark on the peices the made.

Welcome to the forum.

tallgirltexas

Reaction score
Thanks a lot, Warren! You just dashed my hopes of becoming rich! lol I'm glad to know what it is, even if it's not worth much - I'll treasure it knowing I only paid 1.99 for it.

Karen

swizzle

Reaction score
I own a taunus brunnen too. Mine's a #11. I was told that the number was to tell what mineral spring the water came from. Some companies owned several springs. I was told to take my bottle to a bottle show and get it certified as it is probably worth $500 to $1,000 depending on the condition. After seeing several of them posted on the internet at varying prices I'm guessing that $10 to $15 would be a much more accurate price. If anyone can give an accurate price on a taunus brunnen we will both be very happy. Thanx, Jason

tallgirltexas

Reaction score
Jason,

Thanks for the info! I had heard that it "might" be worth anywhere in the $100-$100 range if I had it certified, too. It sounded too good to be true! I'd love to go to a bottle show, though, just to see what it IS worth. Does anyone know of any near Dallas, OK City, or Little Rock? I live smack dab in the center of those three areas, so going to a show in either one would be no problem.

Thanks again everyone for taking the time to answer this newbie's question!

Karen

Gunsmoke47

Reaction score
Hey Karen, I live in Pampa Texas just North of Amarillo. I have been diggin and researching bottles for about 4 years and I have yet to hear of a bottle show within a 200 mile radius of me. If you hear of one, let me know! We may just have to load up and go East, Northeast ! [:D] Better yet.... to heck with the shows, lets load up and go dig with some of those guys and gals!! [;)] Kelley

capsoda

Reaction score
There is a show in Tuleta, and one in Houston. I can fix you up with the info if you want.

Where the hell is Tuleta anyway?[&:]

Gunsmoke47

Reaction score
Hey Cap, never heard of Tuleta. I have heard of Houston.[:D] It's about 11 hours away from me. Texas is a Bigggggg state. Kelley

Lot's of room to rope goats.

capsoda

Reaction score
Hey Kelly, Never roped a goat, a few steers, cows and a horse or two but no goats.

Ate a few though. Pretty good too.[:)]

Turns out that Tuleta is south of Houston closer and just south of San Antonio.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ROC.NYbottles