Gin Competiition?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Reaction score
Gayoso Dry Gin was a product of the Clarke Bros & Co Distillery in Peoria, Illinois. I'm late to this party by about 17 years, but for future folks this is the answer. I dug one today, managed to find one online with an original label, and at the bottom of the label it read Clarke Bros & Co. Turns out this bottle is local to me, and will be added to my collection! "Clarke Brothers & Co." 1870-1919 when the nation "went dry." Reappearing after prohibition as a part of Arrow Distilleries and lasting until the 1940's I believe. Hope this helps people past or present. I love this website, and this is my first time putting in my "2 cents."

102viadeluna

Reaction score
I have two Gordan's Dry Gin bottles, both different.
Both have sloping shoulders.
The first one has sloping shoulders with 'Gordan's Dry Gin' embossed horizontally and in large block letters on the front. 'Gordan's is embossed on the right-side panel, with 'England' on the left-side panel.
The back of the bottle is concaved slightly with the following embossed at the top - REGd 610617.
A Wolf's head is embossed on the bottom, with the numbers 5 7 embossed around the Wolf's head. The Wolf's head is looking from right to left.

The other bottle also has sloping shoulders. Gordan's is embossed on the left front side (vert), with DRY Gin (Vert) embossed at the bottle of the front side. "London" is embossed at the top of the panel, with 'England' at the bottom. This embossing is on both the back and the front of this bottle, There's is an embossed 'Boars' head on the bottom, with an embossed 'B' looking from left to right.

Both bottles are light green and roughly 9 7/8 inches tall with 4 panels.

Harry Pristis

Reaction score
Here are a trio of American gins:

gin_Bininger_label.JPG
gin_Bininger_amber.JPG
gin_Bininger_green.JPG
gin_Bininger_no17.JPG

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads