Ginger Ale Bottles wanted

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Ginger Ale collector

Reaction score
Hello all,

Here's a change of pace in the ginger ale department. These three are quart blob tops dating anywhere from the 1870s to 1890s. The one on the left is from Chicago, the middle one is from Kansas City, Kansas, and the last one has no location. McCollough's Ginger Ale Works. Anyone have any ideas where it might be from? The term "works" was used in some parts instead of "company". Canada maybe?

Bz78715.gif

Attachments

• Bz78715.gif
    Bz78715.gif
    159.3 KB · Views: 91

tazmainiendigger

Reaction score
Heres a couple of old soda's they have been in my grandma's attic for 50 years and she said she got them from her grandma sooooooo they must be old! haha Just kidding. Anyone out there interested in these? I would love to see them go to a good home. One is 7 up green the other a light aqua both are embossed Return to Cloverdale Spring Co. Newville, PA This bottle registered not to be sold and a large 4 leaf clover embossed on the base......No Chips cracks or scratches. Taz

Pn37892.jpg

madman

Reaction score
yo taz very nice, never dug one that wasnt broken, does it have a clover leaf on the base??? nice lables!!!! mike

Ginger Ale collector

Reaction score
Hello Capsoda,

Thanks for the thought that the McCollough's Ginger Ale Works bottle could be from Dixie way. Maybe some one will know the company name. Here's neat ginger ale from down your way: Gold Crown, E. Carre Company, Mobile AL. Anybody know anything about the company. I don't have too many ginger ales from your state. Do you know of any particularly interesting ones?

Thanks.

Qo39802.jpg

Attachments

• Qo39802.jpg
    Qo39802.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 87

Ginger Ale collector

Reaction score
Hey Madman and Taz,

The Cloverdale Ginger Ale is a nice bottle, and is about early 1940s, I believe. I have one in my collection with a Cloverdale crown cap. If you returned the cap, you got a half cent refund (so the cap said) which would date the cap, and possibly the bottle to WWII when there was a shortage of metal for the war. The ginger ale is not too uncommon, but the Limes & Lithia one is not one I've seen very often. Good for any collection of sodas for sure.

capsoda

Reaction score
Edmond Carre started bottleing soda water in Mobile, Al. in partnership with E. S. Clark in 1871. This parnership was desolved in 1873 when E.S. Clark moved to Meridian Mississippi. That same year Edmond Carre went into business for him self under the name and style of "E CARRE / MOBILE / ALA".using Matthews gravitating stopper bottles. He was still in business in to the 1880s and used all kinds of bottles but I don't have any info after that.

Its a good start.[:)] I'll try to find more but can't promise.[8|]

Rp42663.jpg

Attachments

• Rp42663.jpg
    Rp42663.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 87

IRISH

Reaction score
Hey GAC,
I've just seen another Ginger Ale Codd from Warrnambool, it is a 13 ounce Warrnambool Cordials (two lines down bottle with gingerale across on the other side) in a Dobson patent, it would date from around the 1920's.
I've seen a few Warrnambool Cordials but only this one with Ginger Ale on the back.

Ginger Ale collector

Reaction score
Hello Irish,

You just keep seeing these Codd ginger ales from down under, but they aren't surfacing over here. . . . yet. [:)]. Tell me again what the Dobson's patent is- is it the "square"- type codd style, or am I in the weeds. . .? Here's an example of a square-type Thornley from Sale. Oh, and the Hay & Son's ginger ale came along for the ride, it's from Aberdeen, Scotland. The scene on the label is embossed on the other side of the bottle.

Bz78043.jpg

Attachments

• Bz78043.jpg
    Bz78043.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 81

Ginger Ale collector

Reaction score
Hi Warren,

Thanks for info on E. Carre. On my bottle (Gold Crown Ginger Ale) the "e" in Carre has the French accent mark. Is that also on the Hutchinson bottle in your picture? Can't quite tell. Do you know of any Alabama blobtop bottles embossed Ginger Ale? I've never heard of one. Thanks again.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
krähemijers