Ginger Ale Bottles wanted

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Ginger Ale collector

Reaction score
Hi Mike- great Vernor's bottles. I have a number in my collection including some great paper labels. But I don't have the one on the right with the Vernor's logo on a slant. Any one have a spare? I'm sure a lot of folks know a lot about Vernor's, but one thing I found interesting is that until the early 1900's Vernor's didn't bottle their ginger ale- it was served only as a fountain drink. Considering that they started up just after the Civil War, well that's a long time to stay out of the bottling business! I am also looking for a Vernor's Ginger Ale extract bottle. Thanks!

Ginger Ale collector

Reaction score
Hi Irish- thanks for the pics. I have the two on the left. I'll have to take a picture or two of the Rowlands I have that has a unicorn, goldminer, wheat farmer and a crown embossed on it! Also will list those Aussie Ginger Ales I do have- always interested to see what cellar dwellers you might bring up to the light of day! More later.

Ginger Ale collector

Reaction score
Hi Insulators Rule- and you are right, they are amazing. Quick insulator story: Bought a box of miscellaneous insulators from a picker for $25. I sorted through it and found the usual blue ones, and the brown ceramic ones that look like you should be cooking baked beans in them- and THEN- a scruffy kind of greenish one. Well, after a bit of education I learned I had a CD740 from the Civil War era ( I think) in dark yellow-green. I bought a lot of ginger ales from the profit on that one!

About the Canada Dry Paper Label bottle- I probably have most of them- including some "Golden Ginger Ale" labeled ones (Golden Ginger Ale is another story about different types of ginger ale.) But I'll send you an e-mail if you think it might be a rare one. If it is one with the map on a 12 oz bottle, those are not uncommon. It perfect shape they go for about $15-20 depending on where you are.

However, there is a Canada Dry-related paper label bottle I would love to find. A druggist named J.J. McLaughlin started Canada Dry and originally bottled it under his name. There is an unembossed crowntop with a ginger ale label with his name- that would be a great find. Thanks.

JohnRoy

Reaction score
These are the Ginger Ale Bottles that I found from an old General Store recently:
2 Buffalo Rock Ginger Ales, 2 Canada Dry Ginger Ales (paper labels from 40s), 1 Dr. Herring's Ginger Ale (1938), 2 Double Dry Ginger Ales (from Double Cola), and 2 Golden Age Beverages Ginger Ale (1949), and 1 Canada Dry from late 40s or early 50s (squat bottle).

Ginger Ale collector

Reaction score
Hi JohnRoy-

Nice haul!

Buffalo Rock - There are several Buffalo Rock variations - some ACL and some embossed, all have some sort of Buffalo, and most are fairly common
Canada Dry Ginger Ales (paper labels from 40s)- those most likely with the maps- also fairly common.
Dr. Herring's Ginger Ale (1938)- watch out for the Dr., some are marked Coca-cola bottling company and can be of interest to some folks, othewise a nice shaped ACL bottle with the high shoulders- but not hard to find
Double Dry Ginger Ales (from Double Cola), great looking ACL bottle, a little harder to find than the others.
Golden Age Beverages Ginger Ale (1949), Best ones of the lot, nice 3-color ACl from Houston- more difficult to find in my experience
Canada Dry from late 40s or early 50s (squat bottle). - I'm not familar with the "squat" style without more description- is it an ACL, embossed, or paper label?

Thanks for sharing your find!

Sam_MaineBottles

Reaction score
Hi Ginger Ale collector and welcome to the Forum!

You got me curious about ginger ale bottles and I just checked out my collection of Maine soda bottles and found around 40 Maine ginger ales - a few embossed, a number of paper label ones and the rest ACLs. Do you have any from Maine?

-Sam

Ginger Ale collector

Reaction score
Hi Sam-

Yes- I do have a lot of ginger ales from Maine. One of them is the oldest ginger ale I have (paper label on a squat dark apple green pony style) from Bucksfield, ME. I figure it is late 1860s. (yes, I know folks, pictures, pictures- maybe over the weekend!). Most I have from ME are paper label, embossed, or ACL, about 4 or 5 blobtop roundbottoms, and one Hutchinson style- I guess I have about 35 or so from Maine. I am partial to Maine, we vacation there every year in a little town called Sullivan, up above Ellsworth. Beautiful coastline- where the northwoods meets the sea. Ever been up that way from the mid-coast to the Big Chicken Book Barn? Found some neat bottles there over the years!

whiskeyman

Reaction score
GAC...thanks for the info. The ones I have ,have the bluish tint....(actually sort of like a "rainbow color effect")...depending on how the light hits them.

Happy Hunting !

madman

Reaction score
hey gac i was happy to find that bottle, in a newer part of the dump, late 30s 40s?? cool bottle though mike

acls

Reaction score
Here's an unusual Cock 'N Bull Ginger Ale, next to a more common Cock 'N Bull Ginger Beer.

Pn36215.jpg

Attachments

• Pn36215.jpg
    Pn36215.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 115

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member