Ginger Ale Bottles wanted

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Ginger Ale collector

Reaction score
Hello Irish,

I have the two Fletcher's in your eariler post, and the W.T. Thornley from Sale. There is another Thornley Codd I have, but this one is W.J. Thornley from Horsham! I'd be very grateful if you would indeed be on the lookout for the Wilcox with the ginger ale embossed. Isn't it curious that the only Codds embossed ginger ale are from down under? At least to my knowledge[;)].

Now, as promised, the picture of the embossing on the Rowlands Ginger Ale. This one has no less than three cities embossed, Ballarat, Melbourne, and Sydney. And if you can make it out, there is a miner (you can just make out the pickaxe over his shoulder) and wheat farmer embossed, plus a crown, and a unicorn. Now for folks who aren't aware, Ballarat was a famous gold mining town in Austalia. And you figure that gold mining and wheat farming in Australia had to be thirsty jobs for sure. This bottle was purchased by a friend of mine in an antique shop in Hawaii! Go figure. Any significance you know of for the unicorn?

Rp44757.gif

Attachments

• Rp44757.gif
    Rp44757.gif
    125.5 KB · Views: 111

Sam_MaineBottles

Reaction score
Here's a pic of a Cupid Club paper label that I found at the Maine State Archives in Augusta, it's from 1921. That would be something to find still on a bottle!

Ro41723.jpg

Attachments

• Ro41723.jpg
    Ro41723.jpg
    120 KB · Views: 98

Ginger Ale collector

Reaction score
Sam- very interesting about the Mt. Hartford. Yes- I've got the Highland Springs bottle you mentioned. Thanks for sharing the picture- that's all for today-

Sam_MaineBottles

Reaction score
Here's a pic of two paper label ginger ales from Auburn, probably from the late 20s-early 30s. I like the plane and ship pictured on the Nu-Icy label.

Rp42531.jpg

Attachments

• Rp42531.jpg
    Rp42531.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 88

IRISH

Reaction score
Hi Ginger Ale collector, any chance of a full view of the Rowlands ? There is a massive range of bottles from that company (they were huge) with and without the trade mark, they also had branches in Katoomba and I think Newcastle. I can sort of remember seeing a bottle with ginger ale on it from them but can't picture it.

Now that you mention it I do know the Horsham Thornly's, any others I think of I'll email or post them.

Ginger Ale collector

Reaction score
Hello Irish-

Here's the E. Rowland's full picture. Please do keep in touch on the Wilcox. I'll be posting some other pictures today in reponse to all the great collectors who are interested in my ginger ale walkabouts, and the bits and pieces of history I've accumulated along the way.

Ec89760.gif

Attachments

• Ec89760.gif
    Ec89760.gif
    61.9 KB · Views: 106

Ginger Ale collector

Reaction score
Hello Whiskeyman,

I noticed your location is Tennessee or thereabouts. Thought you might like to see this ginger ale from your part of the world- it also comes in a round bottom style. The color is a light cobalt- which is sometimes called cornflower blue.

Ge94693.gif

Attachments

• Ge94693.gif
    Ge94693.gif
    61 KB · Views: 101

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DaveL