Ginger Ale Bottles wanted

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

IRISH

Reaction score
I knew there was at least one more here somewhere [:D] .
This is front and back of a W.T Thornly Sale, gingerale 13 ounce allway codd.

It's turned into a very interesting thread this one [;)] .

Rp43513.jpg

Attachments

• Rp43513.jpg
    Rp43513.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 101

whiskeyman

Reaction score
I have this labeled one>>>

Mk26863.jpg

Attachments

• Mk26863.jpg
    Mk26863.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 102

whiskeyman

Reaction score
Close up of label...

Us54928.jpg

Attachments

• Us54928.jpg
    Us54928.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 93

Ginger Ale collector

Reaction score
Madman- if you live up to your [;)] nickname maybe you can find another one for my collection. Here's Vernor's with a paper label for a extra dry version that is pretty unusual.

Ca81619.gif

Attachments

• Ca81619.gif
    Ca81619.gif
    88.5 KB · Views: 98

Ginger Ale collector

Reaction score
Whiskeyman- yes those are not too hard to find- but some of them are older than the one you show. Great label with the famous Canada Dry map. Yours says at the very bottom: "Scientifically treated carbonated water. . . . etc. etc." The older ones have the founder's name J.J. McLaughlin Limited, and the neck label says Extract imported from Canada, Bottled in the U.S.. At one time there was a 5 cent per bottle import duty on ginger ale coming into the U.S.- there's lot of history behind ginger ale --

Sam_MaineBottles

Reaction score
Hi GAC -

Small world - I was at the Big Chicken Barn this morning (got a nice old seltzer bottle from Mt. Kebo Spring Co. of Bar Harbor circa 1910). My folks live in Ellsworth which is only about 25 miles from me. Let me know next time you're up here in ME, I'd like to show you my collection. I'd like to see some pics of your Buckfield bottle and your hutch bottle - where is that one from? I'm guessing your blob top round base ginger ale bottles are from Ingalls Bros. of Portland. Do you have a Cupid Club ginger ale from Penobscot Bottling Co. of Bangor (blue green embossed with cupid) - I just got an extra of that one today as well.

-Sam

Ginger Ale collector

Reaction score
Hello ACL,

You betcha it's unusual! Very hard to find ACL from Hollywood, CA, especially in great condition like yours. The whole bottle is "painted" except for the bottom and the process they used wasn't very effective and the color was easily nicked or scratched on most. I wonder what it tasted like since the first ingredient listed was fruit juice!

Ginger Ale collector

Reaction score
Hey Sam- that would be great- we'll be going in September. Yes I have the Cupid Club- it's a great bottle with a wonderful Cupid embossed on it. Nice blue color. Great addition to any soda collection. They seem to be turning up more than they used to. Yes I have the Ingalls round bottom from Portland. I have some paper label Ingalls from around 1900 I will try to take a picture of. In the meantime, here is the one I mentioned from Bucksfield. I wrote to the historical society of that town, and they had no record of a Mr. Morill listed as the "state agent" for Mount Hartford Ginger Ale. The bottle is damaged at the very top and probably would have been thrown away by the bottler if it had been returned. In any case, if the bottle had been undamaged, the label would have been scrubbed off, the bottle washed, refilled and off to another customer. These pony type bottles are exceedingly rare with a label. I'm just glad this one happened to be ginger ale!

Lj21684.gif

Attachments

• Lj21684.gif
    Lj21684.gif
    53.8 KB · Views: 109

Ginger Ale collector

Reaction score
Whiskeyman- I mentioned in one of my other posts about a Golden Ginger Ale from Canada Dry. Here it is. These bottles are embossed Canada Dry around the top and you don't see them very often with a label. I was lucky on this one.

Xu62805.gif

Attachments

• Xu62805.gif
    Xu62805.gif
    55.4 KB · Views: 89

Sam_MaineBottles

Reaction score
Hi GAC -

Here's another Mt. Hartford ginger ale bottle with the same label, this is a wine type bottle from the collection at the Wilton ME Historical Society. I have the Mt. Hartford company listed in my Maine Bottlers book but the only info I have on it is that stated on the label. I'd say from your bottle that the outfit is a little older that I had expected. Do you have a 7 oz. paper label ginger ale from Highland Springs of Lewiston?

-Sam

Nl29656.jpg

Attachments

• Nl29656.jpg
    Nl29656.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 96

Staff online

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members