Giving this forum another try

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

The Can Kid

Reaction score
NOTE: I know this doesn't belong in this forum, but I don't know where it should go. Mods, feel free to move it to wherever it belongs!

My last expirence with this forum was not that great, but I'm going to give it another try. I may be a bit slow to add pictures because it's a pain in the behind having to resize them.

A few people have suggested that I am only a "can guy" and I probably don't know bottles. I have been collecting bottles for several years and am currently writing a book about them. My main interest is in bottles from the Niagara Region of Canada, and beer and soda cans.

Thanks for reading!

AntiqueMeds

Reaction score
resizing is a bit of a pain but not that hard once you figure out how to do it.
Most forums restrict photo size.
The forum has to restrict photo size or the server storage space would be crazier than it already is.

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: The Can Kid

NOTE: I know this doesn't belong in this forum, but I don't know where it should go. Mods, feel free to move it to wherever it belongs!

My last expirence with this forum was not that great, but I'm going to give it another try. I may be a bit slow to add pictures because it's a pain in the behind having to resize them.

A few people have suggested that I am only a "can guy" and I probably don't know bottles. I have been collecting bottles for several years and am currently writing a book about them. My main interest is in bottles from the Niagara Region of Canada, and beer and soda cans.

Thanks for reading!
That stinks, I'm sorry you didn't get as warm as welcome as you should have.
Yes, it's true this is a bottle forum but many collectors make the crossover to other items. Cans, signs etc. are all of interest to some people. There is no category for them at this time though.
Your posting here is a OK with me. I have an appreciation for cans, especially cone tops but it's not what I collect personally. I won't be of much help with finding or identification at all.
If you can figure out how to crop, edit and re-size the pictures I'd like to see them. See if the help section makes sense to you and helps. https://www.antique-bottles.net/forum/Posting-pictures%2C-making-links/m-383099/tm.htm . It's old but it works.
Eric

The Can Kid

Reaction score
It's not that I didn't get a warm welcome, just a few people got annoyed with my slowness at posting pictures. I'm happy to be back, my collection has shrunk since last time but it's gotten much better.[:)]

buzzkutt033

Reaction score
if you are having problems resizing, perhaps your email program will automatically resize photos. if so, you can email pictures to yourself, thereby making them a manageable size for this and other forums...

good luck and welcome back !!!

jim

FBBDAAD56BE34D4290F5A2E4EB82FCF0.jpg

Attachments

• FBBDAAD56BE34D4290F5A2E4EB82FCF0.jpg
    FBBDAAD56BE34D4290F5A2E4EB82FCF0.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 56

AntiqueMeds

Reaction score
If you dont like resizing the simplest solution is just use a third party photo site like Photobucket.
Just save your photos there and use the
keywords to add it to your post.
No resizing required. Plus it uses no forum bandwidth and you can removed the photo later if you desire.

jpoff430

Reaction score
I collect old beer cans as well as bottles too. If youre ever looking to do any can trading let me know. Im currently hunting some of the old Tennents Girls cans especially. Welcome back.

Plumbata

Reaction score
Welcome back, hope this time around is more positive for you.

People here (and collectors in general) derive much more information and enjoyment from images than a written description. A picture is worth a thousand words (or more) and the subculture here is centered around the sharing of that more efficiently formatted visual information. Just the way it works here. Don't take it personally.

You can upload pics to facebook and use it as a free image host. I don't really bother with the social aspects of facebook, but it is a darn convenient platform for storing and hosting pictures.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Saturday