Glass Candy

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

David E

Reaction score
Glen wanted to see handle hope it loads

Sq45856.jpg

Attachments

• Sq45856.jpg
    Sq45856.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 78

David E

Reaction score
Should also tell you I had to make a small mend on bottom (looks good). No the bottom of mine is completly covered will very small lettering and I can't read it even with a glass. Don't go to court on this as my memory is fading, but seems I read once it was made in the 1940's by McKee Glass(Made many things also in 1800's) and the company was located in Jennette(SP) can't recall the state. Your with a DR is strange and I don't find that company. Mybe Doc gave them out to the kids before he hit them with a needle.
Dave

diggs

Reaction score
Look in the Kovels bottle book,most old candy dispensers have a value.good luck and hang on to that until you know for sure about its value.

grdigger35

Reaction score
David, Sorry I'm just jumping on the bandwagon here. What is the shape or image of this thing. It looks like a lantern. Kovel's are little unrealistic with their prices, but candy containers look like they bring some bucks.

David E

Reaction score
Found more on Candy, the oldest (pre1920) were usually hand painted and often contained metal parts. A lot or most were ,made in Jeannette PA. Severals makers are given and the only one I find that might match your J S is Jack Stough (and a T.H. Stough). Laterns given by the makers were Nine, Value $18.00 to $75.00.

Dave Reference Schroeder's Antiques 1993 (old bugger)

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ROC.NYbottles