Welcome to our Antique Bottles Community

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Antique Bottle Community on the Web.

Register Log in

Glass turtle whimsy

olddog21

Jul 11, 2008
I collect turtles made in glass plants. They are found is every color that a glass bottle or decorative piece of glass was made in.

Does anyone else collect turtles

The turtle in this photo is dated 1879. I’ve collected glasshouse turtles for 30 years and this is the first one I’ve seen that is dated.

Attachments

ROBBYBOBBY64

Jan 11, 2020
New Jersey
I collect turtles made in glass plants. They are found is every color that a glass bottle or decorative piece of glass was made in.

The turtle in this photo is dated 1879. I’ve collected glasshouse turtles for 30 years and this is the first one I’ve seen that is dated.
I love your turtle first of all. I do have a turtle that is made for a tea light. It is insulator heavy. Do not know anything about it. I just like the green glass mostly but also that it is a turtle.
ROBBYBOBBY64.

Attachments

Nov 26, 2020
Franklin pa

Oh my! I'm in love!!!!! I had no clue about these!! How I've got a new favorite thing to collect¡! Awesome turtle!

ArmyDigger

Bottle digger, collector, and military historian
Dec 22, 2020
Hampton, New Hampshire
I didn't know about these there cute prolly make a great thing as a line of them on a shelf, a paper weight, or in a garden or along a pathway.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Olaf66