Glassworks Whiskey

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

bottles141

Reaction score
Hi, Here is a few pics of a bottle that i dug last summer. check out the color and note that it is embossed dyotteville glassworks phila. on the base. The embossing is upside down and backwards.

Ec88619.jpg

bottles141

Reaction score
its me again, i will tell the rest of the story. I was digging a dump in topsham maine one day and was not having much luck most of the stuff that i was finding were local embossed meds. which i will take anyday. i was starting to get dicouraged though,so i tried my luck about 100 feet up the dump. This particular spot was pretty muddy and i could see bricks sticking out of the mud. i started digging and almost instantly started finding bottles my first one was a warners safe cure not bad at all. The second was a embossed nerve tonic but it had a crack in the lip. I continued digging for a few more minutes and saw what looked to be a whiskey top sticking out of the mud. I dug around it and pulled it out of its resting place and found it to be a yellow citron dyotteville glassworks phila. whiskey what a find! I noticed something different about the wording on the base the writing was upside down and backwards. I have never seen another like it with the embossing being upside down and backwards. There must not be to many of these kicking around. i have enclosed another picture of the base thanks for looking.

Rp43507.jpg

Attachments

• Rp43507.jpg
    Rp43507.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 59

bottles141

Reaction score
hi was just wondering if anyone might know what it is worth, i dont think that it is a very common varient. any info would be great thanks

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bobbinc4