Globe Tobacco Jars

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

idigjars

Reaction score
I'm at work right now but when I get home I would LOVE to post some pics of my Piso's. Look for them later on. Best regards! Paul

Ps-you can see pics of my Carter inks that I posted a few weeks ago. I think they are located in the Display forum title?

idigjars

Reaction score
Hello, this is an old pic of some of my Piso bottles. I need to update it and take a better quality pic but right now this will have to do. Best regards, Paul

E92F01B43DA442FF8A1B54D7171F1589.jpg

Attachments

• E92F01B43DA442FF8A1B54D7171F1589.jpg
    E92F01B43DA442FF8A1B54D7171F1589.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 74

CanYouDigIt!

Reaction score
Hi Paul nice collection you have there! Great colours as well. What is the age range of the Piso bottles, those labeled examples look like they are in great condition. Being a narcotic bottle I would imagine the earlier bottles with intact labels are fairy scarce. Again thanks for posting the pictures. Are you a collector of Michigan pharmacy or chemist bottles as well?
Best regards Vic

idigjars

Reaction score
Hi Vic, Thanks for the compliment.

I believe I read somewhere that the Piso company started in 1864? I have a couple of aqua examples that have L&W on the base and they are pretty early. I just got a "For Consumption" / "Piso's Cure" example in aqua with full contents, full label, cork, stamp over the cork. Pretty cool.

I used to collect some Michigan pharmacies but kind of sold or traded most of them off. I have a few local now and some I might dig but don't really go looking for them now.

How about you? Do you collect anything other than the Globe Tobacco jars?

Take care, Paul

CanYouDigIt!

Reaction score
Hi Paul sorry for the delay responding. Thanks again for sharing the pictures and information. The items im collecting are from Essex and Kent County, early embossed milks, sodas, chemists and druggist bottles, and local stoneware. Quite often American bottles do turn up while digging and diving in the area. My favorite items from Detroit are stoneware beers and early sodas.
Best regards Vic

CanYouDigIt!

Reaction score
Hey Paul how are you doing? I was able to purchase an example of the Detroit Michigan variant Globe Jar that you were telling me about. Looks like I did ok on it price wise for $120.00 and it is in great condition. Im kind of excited because I dont get to add too many Globe jars to my collection.

Are you going to be attending the Flint show next month?

Attachments

• E9F6B7B561ED4FFA816DC3D3583A9DA2.jpg
    E9F6B7B561ED4FFA816DC3D3583A9DA2.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 83

idigjars

Reaction score
Hello Vic, just found this post. Nice looking jar you acquired. Congrats on your new jar! Paul

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foothillsarchaeology