going back in time.

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

sunrunner

Reaction score
I still get asked y I like to dig for bottles, well it's to find a new kind of bottle of cores but there's another reason. going back in time! It's not just finding bottles it's the journey.When I open up a layer of old trash that hasn't seen the light of day for 80 or a 100 years I am now back in that time , the people there lives the world they lived in now revels it's self to me , and time then becomes truly relative . The questions about the past can only be answered by research and observation . Happy digging !

Plumbata

Reaction score
Yeah man, It's the same for me. When you're in the woods deep in a hole digging through all that history it really does take ya back in time. It's kind of like a meditative mental "zone" where you're just super connected to all the past possibilities which brought together the trash you're digging through now. It's very therapeutic, pleasant and fun to loose yourself for a while and just be thinking about and "absorbing" the past. When a cell phone call (or cops up the hill hollerin' down at you!) snaps ya out of it and brings you back to the here and now, it is pretty unpleasant. I'm much happier when I'm surrounded by 90-100 year old stuff and thinking about nothing else. Digging is good for the body and good for the soul.

Aloysia

Reaction score
That is why I love the antique business .... A lot of "old stuff" which includes bottles! When I hold one in my hand I wonder how many different hands have held it and how many places the bottle has been! If only they could talk!! What a story it would be!!

ScottBSA

Reaction score
Agreed. Bottle collecting is my pathway to history.

Staff online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raybrdn