Golden Gate Bottle show photos

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Wilkie

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: Lordbud

Two other items of note that came home with me -- an A. Shilling & Co. San Francisco sample bottle that I'd never seen before (same shape as the J.A. Folger & Co. ones -- see photo), and an "unlisted" Oakland citrate in pretty nice condition for $40 was my most expensive bottle of the day.

Posting pictures later on the "New to the Collection" section.

9B1C5156F2D74EA480F65077E88F1A91.jpg
Nice little J.A. Folger. I like it. Betty Zumwalt lists it as "extremely rare" yet there is a 2 dollar price next to it. That doesn't make a lot of sense. Anyway, very nice.

CALDIGR2

Reaction score
Tim, I came up with a Paul Rieger jake a month ago, but you must already have that one. Aqua and crude, tooled top.

caldigs

Reaction score
Great show but I was a little irritated when a seller told me his obviously damaged 5th (flash in the top) was mint. The "oh I didn't see that flash" line doesn't fly with me.

Wilkie

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: CALDIGR2

Tim, I came up with a Paul Rieger jake a month ago, but you must already have that one. Aqua and crude, tooled top.
Caldigr2, that's a nice one. Yes, I do have it also. I really like the crudeness of many of the western jakes.

Wilkie

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: onekick1

I had heard that some bottles might have been taken off of tables at the show. Any truth to that?
When I first walked in I heard some people talking about a valuable flask being stolen off of someones table. That is all I know, I have not heard any specifics.

CALDIGR2

Reaction score
My information is that at least three bottles disappeared from tables on Saturday. I was present on Friday afternoon, but heard of no such problems until yesterday morning. Conversations with dealers about the show results brought the subject to light. This has been a constant issue at shows, and I have also been a victim of theft. Some bottles were recovered, but, unfortunately, mine were not among them. Being of a trustworthy nature, many dealers abandon their goods to wander the aisles. Most collectors are completely honest, and leaving one's table usually is no big deal. When a person enters the show with the intent to snatch glass from a table, or tables, it is usually when the seller has walked away for a few minutes, or is otherwise momentarily distracted. Even though we maintain a vigil over our, and our fellow dealer's, tables it is human nature to be social and that's one reason to attend these shows. It is an excuse to visit with folks who share common interests, or to catch up on what is happening in each other's lives. Common thieves should not prevent us from enjoying these activities, but awareness must be foremost in this day and age.

Dabeel

Reaction score
Baltimore to Oakland/San Francisco, now San Diego
That's a shame to hear about stolen bottles.....I really enjoyed meeting some of the veteran diggers and sellers. Mike(Caldigr2) is right on with his last post.

There were many names of people that I have heard of, but never met until that weekend.

I have more photos of the show bottles if any of you want me to post them, just let me know.

Later,
Doug

Wilkie

Reaction score
Please do post 'em doug. Even though I was there, I still enjoy seeing the pics. Any forum members in your pics? It's nice to put faces to names and I still don't know what "most" of the Calfornia forum members look like.

westernbittersnut

Reaction score
Just after the show opened at noon on Friday, did anyone take a picture of the barrel bitters in the bottle cabinet at Ken Edward's table? There was a spectactular display of Old Sachems, Greeley's and Bourbon Whiskey bitters, something like nine different barrels in an array of colors! Absolutely stunning display.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
louieb583