Good Day diggin in Maine

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

epgorge

Reaction score
The weather has been so strange this year, it hasn't cooperated at all.

Boy you aren't lying!! We're catching it again right now and its on its way up to you. Just when we thought it was safe to go back in the hole.

Nice digs Bram!!! I like those bakers. Let me see them when you clean them up. Are they for sale?

Joel

chrisp

Reaction score
good-looking finds Bram. those plates might be a good catch too even in the shape they are in. you said your pit was from 1890s to 1920 . well im trying to remember back, but , i think that they didnt have official license plates to states until early to mid 19teens , so they are early..........chrisp

Bottleman

Reaction score
That is a nice pair of four digit porcelain tags you have there! Your plates are actually from 1912 and the first issued license plate from Maine was 1905. They are red with white letters. Yours are in pretty rough shape around the top edge but if professionally restored you might be able to get a couple hundred for the pair.

~~Tom

downeastdigger

Reaction score
Crawling through the mud and briars of Eliot Maine
Wow, thanks for all the good responses! and thanks for the info on the plates, I thought they were good, but they sound great now. I'll have to get them restored.
Cant wait to get back there and dig more. There are old ( 1850s ) houses along this ridge, so I'm sure there are old spots in there somewhere!
bram

bottlediger

Reaction score
niiiiiiiiiiiice man best stuff ive seen come out of a dump in a while! Those plates are killer ya hardly ever find a SET! Def makes them worth a ton more when you have both!!!

Ry

dumpmonkey

Reaction score
why do all my posts say awaiting approval? is it becasause I am new?[:'(][:'(] everyone else can post accept me? what did I do?

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bobbinc4