Goodwill = Jars

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

JOETHECROW

Reaction score
Northwestern Pa. (Near scenic Lake Perfidy)
Thats pretty weird,....Does this signal the end of the hidden bargain at Goodwill??!!?
m7.gif
[:eek:][>:][:(] Joe [:D]

Just Dig it

Reaction score
Joe i am a Thrift store Enthusiast..i hunt a lot of gold at them as well...the Bargain went out with chivalry.. = (

athometoo

Reaction score
down here in texas they have an appraiser in the back and anything of value or age gets set aside and picked over by collectors they call . i have tried to get my phone number in there as well but the appraiser wants too much cash for a courtesy call . hmmmm . i stopped going there just because of that reason . i still donate but expect nothing in return . sam

dollarbill

Reaction score
Just noticed of late The G store as my son calls it that we go to. Has started to up prices on any thing they think note worthy but theres still a bargin to be had on somethings .
bill

coreya

Reaction score
I stopped donating to goodwill and the larger national chain sites for that reason, if you ever noticed all the tractor trailers behind the goodwills its because they move a lot of stuff from point to point depending where it will sell best. I prefer to donate local that way it might do some good localy. As for the goodwill site I've got some good fruit jars there but also gotten hammered with inaccurate discriptions etc so it all works out.

towhead

Reaction score
Yes, I "caught them in the act" of going through some GI Joes....
That takes the cake!

P.S. I won't even set foot into that place anymore, after I found out they don't launder the garments, and heard first hand of insects in bedding!!!!!!!!!!!![:eek:] Bedbugs?

Just Dig it

Reaction score
My Local (Savers Thrift store) gives nothing to charity...They Buy from Big Brother Big Sisters... Its like 5$ a box with 10 items or more in it....anything that does not sell on the floor that isnt clothing..Makes its way to a compactor in the back...The Clothing Goes in a Bailer and is wire tied ...Then Shipped To India and sold as rags...(they have a color coded tag system to monitor how long its been out)...

My Girlfriend and i collect Vintage Jewelry as well as glass.I still make out sometimes in that department..I still Find Gold There with my Loop..But usually its a hidden Mark in a Clasp Or Unmarked..

I paid 6.99 For a Mid 80s Christian Dior Blazer with a 24k bullion Crest in the pocket...

That Whimsy Hat = $0.69 cents

I have raided the back at night because they rent their Space And the items Donated Outside a Locked Gate Are Public Domain..I re-sell or swapp my pal Deco/Flapper Items..he runs the best vintage clothing store around..so i hook him up alot and he taked care of me when someone brings some glass in....I used to post alot of the items i find on ebay ..I Found a 14k Solidarity case 1890 Waltham in a coffee can that someone tossed with a basement cleanout back there...I find nothing morally wrong. with it.i spend alot of cash at their store...so what if i get a little sugar on the side = )

RedGinger

Reaction score
There is pretty much no place to shop for clothing in this town but the goodwill. I have found a few coats and things, but hate going in this one. Thrift shops are great, though. I used to find great stuff at the goodwill in NH. At the Goodwill in MD there is a store right next to it called The Clearinghouse. They always had nice stuff, Jade-ite, jewelry, furniture, paintings, you name it. Well, a lot of it came from right next door. It always made us mad. They made a lot of money that way and things would never make it into the goodwill store because of The Clearinghouse. Bunch of snobs in that town anyway.

The bedbugs thing is disgusting. On a side note, I was reading a book I have oft mentioned here called "Kill-Grief". It takes place in the 1750's and people then thought nothing of just brushing the bugs out of their clothes or beds. I am so grateful to live in this day and age!

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jaygause