got a question.. The Pearl 1/2 hallon with lid and pickle insert? value?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

NHkeith

Reaction score
So I was offered a 1/2 gallon The Pearl Jar. With a metal lid band, glass lid. then a milk glass colored "pickle insert" What is a fair price for this Jar? I was told the pickle insert thingy was valuable?? ThanksKeith

MNJars

Reaction score
Is the pickle insert (pickle pusher???) separate from the pearl jar? The Pearl takes a glass lid/zinc band. A picture would help a lot. But, the last "The Pearl" half gallon with correct glass insert/band sold on NAG in April, 2012 for $50 + 10% commission. That seems like a good deal price, but I don't have my Redbook in front of me right now. I think we'd need a picture of the pickle insert to know more about it.

NHkeith

Reaction score
pickle pusher was what he called it. it was a milk glass insert. separate from the glass insert/band. I don't have the bottle it was offered to me. this weekend. I passed because I don't know much about Jars.. I was told the white milk glass insert (pickle pusher) was the rare part of the jar. asking price for the whole thing was about double what you quoted. buying stuff your not knowledgeable about can turn into an expensive lesson. :)

jarsnstuff

Reaction score
I don't think you were being offered a big bargain. The Pearl jar with the correct closure (not a "pickle pusher") would be around $50 or so. The milkglass pickle pusher might go to a few other jars, only one I can think of right now is maybe a Mascot. (I'm away from my Redbook right now tho). It would add substantial value to the jar it was meant to go on, but in my book this marriage isn't worth a hundred bucks unless you have the jar the insert actually goes on and/or an orphan Pearl glass insert. -Tammy

NHkeith

Reaction score
cowseatmaize said:
NHkeith said:
pickle pusher was what he called it. it was a milk glass insert. separate from the glass insert/band.
I'm guessing you mean one of THESE. What is the offer?
yes thats the one. ya I am passing. The "great deal" doesn't seem to great. I was told the whole setup was worth 175-200 and it was offered to me at 100. see I am glad I can ask the Jar experts on this site before pulling the trigger.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tina Luallen