GRAHAM GLASS COMPANY / FLAVOR BOTTLES / COCA COLA / SEARCH / RESEARCH

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

SODAPOPBOB

Reaction score
RE: Correction

ORIGINAL: celerycola

Bob, there are currently 9,481 bottles listed for sale on eBay under Coca-Cola / Bottles. More are listed only under Bottles / Sodas -1900 and Sodas + 1900. If you are looking at only 233 bottles and not the thousands listed on eBay and thousands more for sale at bottle shows then you do not have a scientifically reliable sample.

Again, you are using selective facts to prove your otherwise unreliable theories.

That's your opinion, which I acknowledge and respect. Please respect mine even if you don't agree with it. You will never convince me with "words" that digdug's bottle was a convention contender nor that it was made prior to 1920 unless you can prove it. Just as I cannot prove that it wasn't. What we need here is proof, and until (if/when) it is proven one way or another, I am fully entitled to my opinion.

Bob

SODAPOPBOB

Reaction score

celery ~

Please explain to us where you came up with ... (Post #82)

"Add to that the fact that there is a single known example ..."

Did you not see on my Post #84 where digdug said ...

"I have seen two in the past 6 years."

SODAPOPBOB

Reaction score

ORIGINAL: SODAPOPBOB

I thought it might be interesting and helpful to post digdug's comments from my other thread ...

Page 5 ~ Post 100

https://www.antique-bottles.net/forum/COCA-COLA-%2F-1915-PROTOTYPE-%2F-EARL-R-DEAN-%2F-RAY-A-GRAHAM/m-600389/tm.htm

"A friend showed me this bottle years ago. I think it was one of the contest bottles too, but was the loser. We all know the contour from ROOT won. This bottle has arrows on the neck area, panels, much like the soda water bottles used by Coca-Cola bottlers, marked: ATLANTA, GA on the bottom. And no makers mark. I have seen two in the past 6 years. Both damaged in much the same way. It looks as if someone knocked off the neck on purpose. Maybe this is what happened to the 'Losers' of the contest!"

Key words in digdug's post ...

1. I think

2. It looks as if

3. Maybe

If those words are not an opinion/conjecture then I don't know what is. Let's admit it, no one knows for certain by who or when the broken-top bottle was made, nor for what purpose. All we have here are opinions - assumptions - conjectures - and speculations. And mine are currently just as viable as anyone else's.

Bob

SODAPOPBOB

Reaction score

Regarding the broken-top Coca Cola bottle in question, I rest my case with ...

POST 1920

That's my opinion and I'm sticking to it!

Bob

celerycola

Reaction score

Shouting does not prove a point anymore than disagreeing with the proven facts. Selectively choosing which facts to use and ignoring other relevant facts is bad research. I just believe it is more important to document real evidence rather than prove a point.

Regarding the broken-top Coca Cola bottle in question, I rest my case with ...

POST 1920

That's my opinion and I'm sticking to it!

Bob

SODAPOPBOB

Reaction score

celery ~

Please explain to us where you came up with ... (Post #82)

"Add to that the fact that there is a single known example ..."

Did you not see on my Post #84 where digdug said ...

"I have seen two in the past 6 years."

celery ~

With do respect for everyone who is following this thread, please answer my previous question first before changing the subject and finding fault again.

Thanks a lot

Bob

SODAPOPBOB

Reaction score

In Search of ...*

A pre-1920s Coca Cola bottle with an embossed arrow that shows the arrow pointing down.

* Not including the broken-top bottle which we already know about.

* I'm not saying there are no pre-1920s Coca Cola bottles showing the arrow pointing down, I'm just saying I have not been able to find one yet but am continuing to search. All of the examples I have seen so far show the arrow pointing up.

Bob

BCB0767CF1C44A75B4D2B9501D1712EF.jpg

Attachments

• BCB0767CF1C44A75B4D2B9501D1712EF.jpg
    BCB0767CF1C44A75B4D2B9501D1712EF.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 96

OsiaBoyce

Reaction score

You should also ask for a post 1917 bottle w/ an arrow.

I would think that the direction of the arrow would be less of an issue than it's inclusion as to date the bottle.

epackage

Reaction score

Since the top of the bottle is missing we don't know that there wasn't an arrow on the other end pointing upwards as well... [;)]

MONKEY WRENCH!!

T D

Reaction score

Bob, the research that you do is fantastic. The volumes of it just boggles my mind. I really envy the time that you can spend researching this great hobby. There are many cool facts that you uncover, but when you start going into a direction that is purely conjecture, you ruin the value of all your hard work. When you throw in lines like "I hope the headlines will be Coke bottle sells for a million", or whatever was said, it just cheapens everything that is done. When you completely ignore what Dennis has researched for years, and the resources that he will gladly make available you stick your head in the sand. When you make a statement like in a recent post along the lines of- well Celery answer my question first and stop changing the subject, blah, blah, blah, then that is just being childish. Everytime Dennis or I or anybody that questions some of your research, or tries to impart a little wisdom, you either ignore it or get mad. When going to ebay and searching what is available at that one small time in history, you severely limit your actual base. Some things just take time and more research before a blanket can be thrown over an area of research and declared done.

I can't claim knowledge in but a VERY small segment of the hobby, but that I do know about is based on years of research and dealing every day in the subject. Just be patient and listen to others that are willing to share.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
.TheNYBittersCollector.