GRAHAM GLASS COMPANY / FLAVOR BOTTLES / COCA COLA / SEARCH / RESEARCH

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

SODAPOPBOB

Reaction score
RE: Correction

What I mainly want to know at the present is where did celery come up with ...

" Add to that the fact that there is a single known example "

Its a simple question that can be resolved with a simple answer. And maybe there is only one known example and the two that digdug saw might just be optical illusions. But I am just genuinely curious what makes celery think there is only one? The thing is, it errks me when I am jumped on for what some members might consider my contributing misleading information, but when someone like celery does it, I guess its okay. That's what I call a double standard and its neither fair nor helpful to the topic. If other's think the broken-top bottle is from the teens and possibly a convention prototype, then just say so and don't be afraid to express your opinion. But definitely don't hide behind someone else's conjectures who think the bottle is from 1916 but who have nothing to substantiate it other than their opinion. I'm not trying to make waves here, I'm really not! But what else am I suppose to do? And how many times do I have to say ...

I honestly feel the broken-top bottle is from the 1920s and possibly even the "late" 1920s.

Is it okay if I have an opinion, too?

Thanks.

Bob

epackage

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: SODAPOPBOB
No apologies necessary. It's easy to get confused, especially with such a bombardment of uncertain information regarding a bottle that seems to be eluding us. My best guess is that the "broken-top" bottle is most closely related to the 1916 49,729 Graham patent (see post #2) because it features a more "pointed" bulge at the bottom and has the fluted neck. Plus it has the arrow, which is typical of the earlier (amber) Coca Cola bottles between about 1910 and 1916. But the most striking aspect of the broken-top is the Coca Cola "script signature" on the shoulder, which appears to be a one-of-a-kind that, apparently, no one knows who made it or when. It could very well be just another variation flavor bottle - but then again, maybe not. The primary focus of this thread is to try and find out who made it and when.

Bob
Hi Bob, you seem to have talked yourself into changing your mind somewhere during this post, as you can see in the highlighted area above. There is so much info/facts/conjecture/speculation to take in that it's tough to follow everything in this post. It's outside my scope of collecting and there are so many avenues to pursue to try and help find answers that I don't don't know which one to go down. I hope you get your answers, I have the utmost trust in Dennis considering his years of expertise in the field, if I were you I would reread his posts and put together the most pertinent questions you have that he can help you with.

Good luck fellas...[;)]

celerycola

Reaction score

Bob, I am interested in getting the facts straight and have lauded your efforts when you have held to the facts. When you post theories that are counter to the facts it is reasonable that members here try to bring you back to earth.

I remember when you claimed I didn't have my facts straight on the history of Celery-Cola. If you have something against me personally I would appreciate it if you would address it in a pm and keep the list friendly as it should be.

Several members who have previpusly made invaluable contributions to this forum no longer follow it or post. They tell me they don't appreciate the often negative tone of the discussion. That damages this forum and the hobby in general.

ORIGINAL: SODAPOPBOB

What I mainly want to know at the present is where did celery come up with ...

" Add to that the fact that there is a single known example "

Its a simple question that can be resolved with a simple answer. And maybe there is only one known example and the two that digdug saw might just be optical illusions. But I am just genuinely curious what makes celery think there is only one? The thing is, it errks me when I am jumped on for what some members might consider my contributing misleading information, but when someone like celery does it, I guess its okay. That's what I call a double standard and its neither fair nor helpful to the topic. If other's think the broken-top bottle is from the teens and possibly a convention prototype, then just say so and don't be afraid to express your opinion. But definitely don't hide behind someone else's conjectures who think the bottle is from 1916 but who have nothing to substantiate it other than their opinion. I'm not trying to make waves here, I'm really not! But what else am I suppose to do? And how many times do I have to say ...

I honestly feel the broken-top bottle is from the 1920s and possibly even the "late" 1920s.

Is it okay if I have an opinion, too?

Thanks.

Bob

SODAPOPBOB

Reaction score

celery ~

How'z about skipping everything else and just answer the question!

Are there one - two - or more than two known examples of the broken-top bottle? And if you don't know, then just say so.

Thanks

Bob

T D

Reaction score

I try, but I always become the

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1rrsj_auEKs

T D

Reaction score

Gotta go soon because soon I'll be

http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=related&v=-6te_t4n5NU