Greatgrandfather's bottles

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

lots2no

Reaction score
Hello everyone, Please forgive my ignorance, I know nothing about bottle collecting. I didnt even know my son's great grandfather collected bottles until we cleaned the shed out the other day. we have a couple crates of what appears to be soft drink glass bottles, the majority from the New England area. Here are a few names of some of the companies; Of course, Pepsi and Coca cola, Thames Club, White Eagle, Rose, TruAde, Glee Club Beveraqes, 76, Warwick Club, Manhattan Beverages, Donald Duck Cola and Nugget Good as gold, to name a few. If anyone knows anything about these companies or bottles or has any ideas on how to research these bottles it would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you
lots2no

Penn Digger

Reaction score
Does not sound like any high dollar bottles, but somebody out there collects any and all types of bottles. You're not getting rich any time soon from them. Sorry.

pyshodoodle

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum... if you have pictures, I would suggest posting them in the Soda's section. Someone will should be able to give you information. While most are not super-valuable, they are not worthless and very collectible. [:D]

Kate

acls

Reaction score
Hi lots2no. It looks like you have some ACL soda bottles (also known as painted label soda bottles). Most of the brands you listed sound fairly common. The Donald Ducks and Nuggets bring around $10-$20. The Glee Club may be a good one depending on the ounce size, glass color, and condition of the bottle and label. Smaller sizes go for more than the quarts. Green glass is also more valuable. Glee clubs are around a $30 and up bottle. Some go for as much as $75-$100. If you let me know all the different brands you have I can give you a pretty good idea of value.

tigue710

Reaction score
you live in Eastern Connecticut or western Rode Island? I have a friend who collects those types of bottles who could help you out with some more information....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Saturday