Green? Bromo...up over 300 already...

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

saratogadriver

Reaction score
Thanks, you answered for my curiosity. I've never seen anything else that started life as cobalt and then was nuked. Most of the nuked stuff is aqua to being with, and turns up one of these unholy purple colors... This green looks pretty credible at first blush.

Jim G

ORIGINAL: epackage

Started out cobalt Jim, some stay blue when nuked others turn green.... I imagine a run of them and 6 or 7 people paying crazy numbers on Ebay for them before people start to ctach on and do some research. Hopefully they find these posts on ABN and don't throw their money away...

https://www.antique-bottles.net/forum/m-406540/mpage-1/key-green%252Cbromo/tm.htm#406547

AntiqueMeds

Reaction score
well the brown cokes certainly didnt come from the glass factory that color.
He must work for a place doing gamma ray sterilization of canned meats or MREs.

epackage

Reaction score
I just reported 21 of the bottles he has listed for sale as FRAUD, it took me about 5 minutes. I wish others would take the 5 minutes to do so as well, it's the best way to stop this guy. It's an easy thing to do...

1 - Click on this link and open his for sales page on Ebay... http://www.ebay.com/sch/Bottles-Insulators-/29797/i.html?item=251180320557&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a7b83872d&_ssn=gator-ben

2 - Click on each bottle that's been nuked, scroll down to the start of his description and on the top right hand side you'll see "Report Item', click on it and a new window will open.

3 - Click on 'Report Category' and highlight 'Listing Practices'

4 - Then click on 'Reason for Report' and highlight 'Fraudulent Listing Activities'

5 - Then click on 'Detailed Reason' and highlight 'You suspect that a listing is Fraudulent', then click 'Continue'

6 - After this click 'Send Report' and you're done

I did 21 bottles in about 4 or 5 minutes, let's smash this scumbag!!![;)]

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
"If everyone took a few minutes to write the seller to let him know the bottled was 'nuked' and that it should be relisted with the proper description maybe he/she will do the right thing. The seller may not know it has been nuked"
I did and quite politely.This is the response, sounds familiar? [:D]
[font="arial, helvetica, sans-serif"]Hi Eric,I don't think You know what Your Talking about.I have had this Bottle for over 30 years and have had Lots of Odd Colored Bottles.I have had 4-5 Teal Colored Bromos and I ONCE OWNED THE ONLY KNOWN AGUA FISH BITTERS and have seen Lots of other Odd Colored Common Bottles in over 40 years of Collecting.[/font]

My comment,
These are what's called irradiated, nuked or altered color Bromo's. It's what can happen to cobalt when exposed to high doses of radiation but they were never manufactured in this color. It might be wise for you to post that in your list. I realize the temptation for the money but I pass on many of those at bottles shows that are sold by people admitting to doing it to them. Eric

cobaltbot

Reaction score
I saw this last night! I'd say nuked too based on this guys selling history but I have seen them that green naturally and it doesn't look as dark olive green as the one I have. So I'm not positive its nuked but even if not at best this should be a $50 bottle. Two people want something and there it goes, I just wish if it was nuked the seller would be up front with them. By the way I have it on good authority that a yellow green (similar to a red dragon seltzer) does exist and has been seen in more than one size. I might pay $300 for one of those! HA!

epackage

Reaction score
Eric I hope you and Cobalt would take the time to report his bottles to Ebay like I outlined, even if you only did a couple of them, I understand if you don't but it would be great to stop sellers like this IMHO...[:-]

epackage

Reaction score
I know I come across as a bit NUTS about this but it really burns my ass, I have decided to contact previous buyers starting with those who bought "AMBER" Cokes, I can only send about 6 messages a day but I am relentless with stuff like this and will do so with as many buyers as I can even it takes all month.

Here is the message I sent to buyers...

Hi, you recently bought a AMBER Coke bottle from gator-ben on Ebay, I hope you realize the bottle wasn't this color when made. He runs the bottle thru industrial bottle 'Sterilizers' and the chemicals in the glass turn them from clear or greenish to the 'AMBER' color you paid for. He doesn't let buyers know this in his description and I'm alerting as many buyers as possible so you can report him to Ebay and get your money back. I hate to let you know this but I'm trying to my best to get people like Ben removed from Ebay for FRAUD, and if buyers like you know the truth and report him we can stop him before more people are ripped off... All my best...Jim

Here are the Ebay buyers I've contacted so far, just incase anyone else wants to join in to get Ben tossed for his actions, if not I'll go it alone...

bayshore90
volcano_gods
cola-expert
cliffwva

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
Under what terms does it qualify? I can't find the category for "they know it's not authentic but refuse to mention it".
There are lots for fee avoidance, etc..

epackage

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: cowseatmaize

Under what terms does it qualify? I can't find the category for "they know it's not authentic but refuse to mention it".
There are lots for fee avoidance, etc..
Eric go to the post where I laid out the steps in numbers, if enough of us do that he'll get tossed for some time at least...

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carpenter