Green? Bromo...up over 300 already...

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

JOETHECROW

Reaction score
Northwestern Pa. (Near scenic Lake Perfidy)
http://www.ebay.com/itm/261135564391 Didn't Steve (Cobaltbot) have one of these?

EFE8EF41D46142688C74896BBD51C1BF.jpg

Attachments

• EFE8EF41D46142688C74896BBD51C1BF.jpg
    EFE8EF41D46142688C74896BBD51C1BF.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 90

epackage

Reaction score
NUKED some sucker has the hook deep in his belly!!!

saratogadriver

Reaction score
Is this the end result of nuking a cobalt one, or an aqua one? Just curious.

Jim G

epackage

Reaction score
Started out cobalt Jim, some stay blue when nuked others turn green.... I imagine a run of them and 6 or 7 people paying crazy numbers on Ebay for them before people start to ctach on and do some research. Hopefully they find these posts on ABN and don't throw their money away...

https://www.antique-bottles.net/forum/m-406540/mpage-1/key-green%252Cbromo/tm.htm#406547

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
There was a guy with one at the last show I went to. He admitted to nuking them as with many of his bottles I guess I should have bought it and gone fishing but I would have stated that.

epackage

Reaction score
I was gonna say....

"If everyone took a few minutes to write the seller to let him know the bottled was 'nuked' and that it should be relisted with the proper description maybe he/she will do the right thing. The seller may not know it has been nuked"

then I looked at all his other bottles and he knows damn well it's been nuked because half of the bottles he sells have been nuked and he doesn't mention it anywhere.... UGH!!

Another Ebay Scumbag!!!

AntiqueMeds

Reaction score
that guy is nuking everything.

There is an important distiction to make in this coloring process.
These are not bottles colored by simple UV light. UV light is the same process the sun uses to turn bottles amethyst.
THese brown cokes and dark purples (an other weird colors) are achieved using high energy radiation ,
a very artificial process that would never happen naturally. I can tolerate lightly UV purpled bottles but these are an abomination.
Its sad people are bidding on tham.

150px-Radura-Symbol.svg.png

epackage

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: AntiqueMeds

that guy is nuking everything.

There is an important distiction to make in this coloring process.
These are not bottles colored by simple UV light. UV light is the same process the sun uses to turn bottles amethyst.
THese brown cokes and dark purples (an other weird colors) are achieved using high energy radiation ,
a very artificial process that would never happen naturally. I can tolerate lightly UV purpled bottles but these are an abomination.
Its sad people are bidding on tham.
With you 100% Matt... I'm tempted to buy his cheapest stuff and return it for being nuked and then trashing him on his feedback...

epackage

Reaction score
Here's what the Scumbag Gator-Ben had to say after I let him know it was nuked....

Hi Jim, I don't thing You know what Your Talking about.I have had this Bottle for over 30 years and I have had lots of Odd Colored Bottles in over 40 years of Collecting.I've had 4or 5 Teal Bromos and I Once Owned the ONLY KNOWN AGUA FISH BITTERS and Lots of Other Odd Colored Bottles.

We really need to file reports with Ebay if this guy is gonna be shut down....

Staff online

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aarhar75