GREEN !!! Dr.Dettweiler Medical Spittoon on Ebay

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Terrier

Reaction score
[font="book antiqua,palatino"]Hi everyone,[/font][font="book antiqua,palatino"]I put up for auction an amazing discovery,this is museum piece!!![/font][font="book antiqua,palatino"]Nobody ever saw a green variant of this spitton.[/font]Spittoon flask, manufactured by a German Dr Dettweiler.
It was introduced in 1889 and has been in production until well in the 1920s.
This spittoon also called Blue Henrich,now I have green one,now what?History is changed!!!Check auction here
213e56fdb3537ce53a90_5.jpg

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
Welcome, that thing is nice! I can't afford it but I wish I could. It would go well with a smelling salts or tobacco collection among other things.Thanks for sharing.

Terrier

Reaction score
Thanks for positive comment [;)]I contacted the man who wrote a book about this spittoon and he confirmed that he had never seen green version.More information can be found on his website http://www.bluehenry.co.uk

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
Oh great! Now he's got to write an addendum and republish. [:D]I'll bet he was thrilled to see it and know it existed anyway.

Terrier

Reaction score
Ivo did not participate in the auction.But he knew for auction.Person from USA won.I hope it will be in good hands...

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
I'm not sure how the cross promotion on eBay works. It looked odd being in Croatia but shipped from the US. I only saw it on ebay US and Canada with a search engine. Maybe that's why there were only 3 bidders.If I still had my collection of green and teal smelling salts and the money, I might have expanded to that thing.I still think the price was fair.

2find4me

Reaction score
Very nice, you got a load of bucks out of that one. Interesting, our neighbor's last name is Dettweiler.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foothillsarchaeology