H.C. Catron Steam Bottling Works

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

jblaylock

Reaction score
I hit one of my local shops that has a lot of bottles. Though I usually only buy Pepsi related items, I also love Kentucky related bottles of all kinds. I saw this and bought it for $4. It's not perfect, but I had a hunch it could be rare due to the sytle/year/and size of the town (small)

H.C. Catron
Steam Bottling Works
Junction City, KY
H.C. on the bottom

IMG_20130829_142440.jpg

IMG_20130829_142413.jpg

IMG_20130829_142429.jpg

Anybody ever seen one of these?

jblaylock

Reaction score
@sodapopbob,

You seem to be really good a researching patent information, so I'd like to pick your brain. I'd like to find out who in the Danville KY area was making bottles in the early 1900s. Is there a way I can search for this in general? This bottle listed above is from a very very small town outside Danville. Danville had a 'double-drum' Pepsi bottle that is fairly rare. I would bet that the same glass making could have made both of these. Any help or links would be great! Thanks

jblaylock

Reaction score
I'm not sure how glass making worked in the early 1900s, but Louisville is a long way from Danville....especially in that era. It doesn't seem cost effective to have your glass made that far away back then. Maybe Lexington, I'll research that.

jblaylock

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: MINNESOTA DIGGER

nice bottle

Thanks! I really like it also. It has a nice very light purple tint to it.

I also saw this last week. It has a chipped up lip, but I thought it was cool. The seller says it's Kentucky Cola & Co, but I've never heard of such a thing. Maybe I'll go back and pick it up this week.

IMG_20130827_112900.jpg

iggyworf

Reaction score
Very nice bottle. I like it also. I also collect bottles like this one but from my home state of Michigan. I also collect Pepsi's. Too bad that chip is on the front side. Nice!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Saturday