H. Zubiller and Son, NY blob-top stubby

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

me2

Reaction score
Does anyone know the rarity or value of a blob top stubby labeled

"H. Zubiller and Son, 190 Stanton St, New York" on the front, and a large star with a "Z" within the star on the rear?

4CD8474DC2F54CA08B3DF045DADAF0D4.jpg

Attachments

• 4CD8474DC2F54CA08B3DF045DADAF0D4.jpg
    4CD8474DC2F54CA08B3DF045DADAF0D4.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 60

NYCFlasks

Reaction score
I would say in the 10.00 range. While it is a nice clean example, there are thousands of different blobs from NYC, perhaps over 10K different ones.

cyberdigger

Reaction score
Yeah it would be a heck of an endeavor to collect or even catalog ALL NY blobs.. let alone determine their scarcity.. in fact it's exactly because there are so many NY bottlers, none of them seem to be particularly special..

Wheelah23

Reaction score
I love that particular bottle shape. I don't particularly like squats or ponies, but the size of that one is just right. I wouldn't hesitate to give $50 for one like it from Essex County.

Unfortunately, you are cursed by the fact that it is from a large city... As my colleagues have said, bottles from large cities generally go unnoticed...

me2

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies, gents. In a few days I will try to make a list of the dozen or two of US stubbies. At present, my collection is on tables in my livingroom as I am amidst a move. Thank you again for the information.

NyDigger1

Reaction score
just added this bottle to the database, heres a pic of mine and the info I came up with

2351522_orig.jpg

H. Zubiller & Son
Address: First: 337 8th st.
Second:190 Stanton st.

Henry Zubiller Jr. was born in New York City in 1859, a year before his father, Henry Zubiller Sr. started a bottling business on 337 8th st. on March 17th, 1860 (St. Patrick's Day). Henry Jr. and his brother Paul both became partners with their father in the business when they came of age. When Henry entered it was named H. Zubiller and Son, which is the name embossed on this bottle. When Paul entered, it became known as H. Zubiller's Sons. after the name changed, the father, Henry Zubiller Sr. retired. The two sons then moved their business to 190 Stanton st.

Henry Zubiller Jr. was the proprietor of the Arbor hotel in Manhattan, where the annual dinner of the Trustees of the Bottlers and Manufacturers Association was held. Henry himself was one of the earliest members.

Henry Zulliber Jr. died on November 12th, 1903, after he fell off of a Trolley. He did not feel the effects of the fall until three days later where he died in bed. Nowhere is stated what the exact cause of death was, but I think that it was either internal bleeding, or a head injury.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kennyg1960