Hawaiian bottles we found.

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

kalai

Reaction score
Hi Greg, I am sorry but I am not on you tube, I know the people you are talking about and they just recently started digging, my brother in law and I have been digging for over 17 years, and we have a lot of Hawaiian bottles and we also have tons of info on Hawaiian bottles and are considered among the top diggers and collectors in Hawaii.
If you or anyone here ever has a question on Hawaiian bottles please let me know, aloha.

Chris
Kalai

RED Matthews

Reaction score
Hey guys, I just stumbled on this string about Hawiian bottles.- We just got back from a touiristy trip over there and I didn't get to find anyone that knew about old bottles in your state. :)-( reality. Also I hadn't seen much silica sand except at the beaches where they said it was brought in. If there were any old glass operations there I would would like to hear about it. We have been to Hawi'i five different trips. I like Kaui the best so far!
Next time I will need to find the bottle shops in Oahu at leasy. RED Matthews

kalai

Reaction score
Hi Red, there are a few good shops in Honolulu to buy bottles and there are a few good shops on the Hilo side of the Big Island of Hawaii, most collectors will get there Hawaii bottles from diggers and other collectors here in Hawaii, if there is a bottle that you are looking for let me know and if I do not have it I might know someone who does.
The Big Island does not have too much sandy beaches, Oahu has a lot more, to my knowledge there was no glass bottles made in Hawaii they were made outside of Hawaii and brought in. Let me know if you have any other questions on Hawaii bottles, aloha.

Chris

808 50th State

Reaction score
Hi Red, Chris is right, there are no glass companies in Hawaii that made glass bottles, bottles came from the mainland. There are quite a few antique shops on Oahu that has milks and bimal sodas for sale, Antique Alley in Honolulu has the most items, it also has all kinds of different stuff, its almost like a museum, you can spend hours just looking around, Leeward Gold Exchange in Aiea has quite a few bimal bottles, and the North Shore Surfing Museum at the North Shore Market place in Haleiwa has bottles for sale, there are others in Kaneohe. They are all list in the directory and some of them are listed on the web. Hope this information has been useful. aloha earl, P.S. Chris if you ever want to sell or trade for that amethyst Waialua let me know,

CALDIGR2

Reaction score
We wandered around Hilo last November, but failed to find one reasonably priced bottle. The stuff we did see in the shops was second rate and WAY overpriced. Dinged and chipped common Hilo hutchies for 75 bucks? I don't think so.

Many years ago, back in the early 70s, we dug the dump up at the top of Mt Haleakala. Lots of quality up there for some reason. A couple of years ago, I got busted while diving in Lahaina Harbor. I had no idea it was protected. Yeah, that's my story and I'm stickin' to it.

Reaction score
Well let me put it dis way,there ar da ones dat you dig-yea right- and there are da ones dat u buy.Dis one falls ringht in da middle if you know wat i mean

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ROC.NYbottles