Heart troubles...

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Steve/sewell

Reaction score
Hi Jim,
Glad at least it was discovered three years ago and this is more then likely a thorough test to make sure everything is OK. Good luck and I am sure you'll receive a clean bill of health. As far as living healthy two years ago I was 6'2 240 now following the diet listed below and 10 to 12 moderate hours of exercise a week, I have stayed at 210 to 215 my High School weight in 1978.

Good exercise can be the following,cutting grass with a push mower counts as 1 to two hours depending on the size of your yard. Raking leaves is a good work out. If you have a two story house go up and down the steps slowly 5 times rest for 5 minutes and then repeat,this simple exercise gives you the equivalent of walking for an hour straight.Every day do push ups, start with two on the first day,two on the next day and add one rep every other day,2,2 3,3, 4,4,in two weeks you will be doing 10 with no problem.Sit ups, start with 10 and add 1 every night until you can do 50. Buy a bike find a park and ride the bike for a half hour working up to an hour.

This one sounds crazy but it has great benefits particularily for your HEART,lay out in the sun everyday even in the winter and try and expose as much of your body to the sun lay on your back for 10 minutes and your stomach for 10 minutes. Just read a news paper this will make the time pass by. The sun has amazing health benefits when done in moderation. No sun screen is necessary for this short duration. Doing this will give you good skin color year round and it will also give you all the vitmain D you need in an entire day.

Sunlight is the major source of vitamin D in the body. It's our natural source of the “sunshine vitamin†as there is little of it in the normal diet. Vitamin D has long been known to be essential for strong bones and teeth, but recent research shows that it also plays a pivotal role in maintaining a healthy immune system. Every organ and every cell in the human body needs vitamin D to function properly. And just at the time that scientists are beginning to work out how vital adequate levels of vitamin D are to our health, others are starting to recognize just how common vitamin D deficiency really is. According to some estimates, over half the adult population in the USA may have less than optimal amounts of vitamin D in their blood. And low levels of vitamin D are now being linked to some very common and potentially fatal conditions such as heart disease, stroke, depression, obesity, cancer of the breast, colon, prostate and pancreas, multiple sclerosis, diabetes, tuberculosis, hip fractures, and osteoporosis.

Walk a quarter mile one day twice a week.The next week add another quarter mile do the following each week until you are walking two miles.do this twice a week. Once you are walking two miles it is time to run. The next week start off walking a half mile,then do a slow jog for a quarter mile,then a quarter mile walk.The next week go back and forth quarter mile walk ,quarter mile run so you have now walked a half mile and jogged a half mile.The next week jog 3 quarters of a mile. The next week run a mile. all the walking and jogging/running exercises should be done just twice a week.

Monday,push ups,sit ups,run, Tuesday recovery day just push ups and sit ups,Wednesday,push ups,sit ups,bike ride or cut the grass seasonally the grass cutting takes the place of the bike ride,Thursday recovery day just push ups and sit ups,Friday,go for a morning run before work,and do you push ups and sit ups at night before bed. Saturday off completely and Sunday push ups and sit ups and maybe it is time to start working out with light weights on your upper body.

Eliminate all sugar based drinks,soda and juices, drink 2 gallons of water a day or ice tea with lemon juice no sugar..No breads no Pasta.No snacks or processed food. Eat for breakfast a protein shake,or a fresh fruit salad or both every day. For lunch or dinner include the following every day, a garden salad, a salad every day whether it is for lunch or dinner will amaze you.Take a multivitamin,1 fish oil tablet at night one in the morning every day. Include Tuna Fish,salmon,baked chicken,and one small potion of steak a week for your lunch and dinner meals. Eat plenty of unsalted nuts, I buy a large bag of trail mix hot and sweet flavored .Saturday is the day you eat what you want to in moderation.Breads,Pizza,pasta,steak,baked potatoes Chinese whatever this is your day just make sure it is in light portions..Same for Sunday.

Do this Jim and you will lose 15 percent of your total body weight in just two months and your elevated blood pressure will cure itself,if you are type 2 diabetic it will disappear in time also.The main thing you will notice at first is how much additional energy you have on hand,you will sleep sounder for longer periods of time also. Back pain,joint pain will go away also as your reps increase. Save your Gym membership money and buy a bottle or two doing this routine will give you all the results you are looking to achieve.

Good luck again Jim keep us posted.

epackage

Reaction score
Thanks Steve, I'm gonna save this...[;)]

I also gave up all sugary drinks and started eating right back in April, I'm not diabetic either. I just want the ok to do some more strenuous stuff so I'm not found in the street at 6am clutching my chest....thanks again buddy

andy volkerts

Reaction score
Sorry to hear about this Jim. It sounds like Steve has the right way to lose the weight, I have heard that the running isnt the best exercise to do unless you run with really really good shoes and not on hard surfaces. Its just to hard on the joints and cartilages. try to use your high school tracl or maybe a track in a park close by. this is really really important because if I remember correctly you are not a small man. A good buddy of mine who is rather large ran in poor shoes and on the sidewalk, roadway, and can now hardly walk. Best of luck on this Drs appointment We are all thinking and praying for ya. and ya can vent hear anytime, most of us are pretty good listeners........Andy

Plumbata

Reaction score
Best of luck Jim. When my dad was 40 he suffered 2 strokes and then went into pretty severe heart failure. He never smoked, drank, or did anything unhealthy and probably weighed around 170 at the time. It blew me and the whole family away. That 8th grade year was very very unhappy for me. He got a heart transplant though, and over time his intellectual abilities were regained. He went from being unable to add together 50 and 100 to being the brilliant father I had known. His recovery was probably the most difficult thing he ever attempted, but he succeeded splendidly. I'm very lucky to have such a good person still playing an active part in my life.

Anyway, you are making the changes in diet and lifestyle you need to, and trying to let stupid stuff roll off your back like water on a duck will certainly help with blood pressure etc. You better stick around for at least several more decades Jim. [;)]

Road Dog

Reaction score
Changes in your life style may seem hard initially, but will seem routine after awhile. You'll find you don't really miss all the unhealthy things you might have done before. Stay focused and keep your eye on the target. I wish nothing but good things for you.

surfaceone

Reaction score
Hey Jim,

Best of luck with this, sir. Sounds like you are taking all the right steps to deal with it.

It's a good sign that you are seeking out the men in white coats, rather than the other way round.

12388361.cfc28cfc.560.jpg

blobbottlebob

Reaction score
Hey E,
Best wishes for a speedy return to full health. Great advice by everybody. As far as the exercise goes, I've found that putting it into your routine works best. Set the time that works and go every morning (or evening etc.). Don't give yourself the option of skipping it because you don't feel like it. Once you start working out, everything will be fine. Half the battle is getting there and getting going. Once it fits into the routine, it will become well, routine. Hang in there buddy.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
louieb583