Heartbreaker Dump

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

RIBottleguy

Reaction score
A while back I found a milk bottle from the college I just graduated from. The spot was littered with milk bottle shards, but I also found some older pieces. I went back yesterday to look for more, and I found some beautiful shards. I first turned up some pontiled bases, including two olive green pontiled historical flask bases. One was a starburst, the other I'm unsure of. I then started finding pieces of a square or rectangular olive green bottle [:-] Then to my misery I discovered it was a Dr. Towsend's Sarsaparilla. I also found shards of a pontiled Sand's Sarsaparilla some black glass pieces, and shards of an early gin bottle. This was all less than a foot from the surface. I began to think it was not only dug but then flattened with a bulldozer. I found one almost whole bottle, a miniature one with an M in a circle on the front. I also found two ground glass stoppers.

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
Sounds like an area we found once by the river.There were lots of historical flasks pieces,a gasoline colored Townsend,and a crap load of other op and iron pontils. With a little checking around,we discovered that one of the oldest dumps in our town was hit when they were building the city shit plant 30 years ago.The dirt and fill and bottles were dumped by the river. A lot of the workers at that time of the dig loaded up with tons of 1850s bottles! and we got the shards! We thought it was a Virgin dump at first,but it was a dump that was dumped,[8D]I did find a 1870s green soda by the river,that must have rolled down the hill and got saved.

swizzle

Reaction score
Same here. Found some pontiled Success to the RR, Cornicopia, Clark and Whites, umbrella inks. All pontiled, all bits and pieces. [:eek:] That was at our local glass house.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Saturday