Hello from Australia

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

abcreview

Reaction score
Firstly, I must apologise if I have posted this in the wrong section, I have just registered with this site and it is HUGE! Too much to register at one time, congratulations are in order.
My name is Travis Dunn, I am a lifelong collector from Australia and love absolutely anything to do with this great hobby of ours, there is nothing better than collecting old bottles!
I am very actively involved in the hobby down under, I edit the Australian Bottle & Collectables Review, which is the Australian version of Jim Hagenbush's magazine and Alan Blakeman's BBR in England. If any of you guys and girls have any questions relating to Aussie pieces or Aussie found pieces, let me know and I will either be able to answer or forward on to the right person.
Due to the goldrush occurring in Australia in the 1850's, people arrived here from all over the world, including the US. Along with their personal items, apparently many people bought over bottled goods, there have been a number of early US bottles found over here, including some sensational items. I personally have found pieces of the eight sided Bryant's Stomach Bitters (no not the tapered one), and I know of a Russ's Stomach Bitters, pontilled ladies leg being found in the large size in black/olive glass, I think it is different to the one listed in the Ham/Ring book, so it is a super significant find. We also get plenty of food bottles, pickles, including a green Willington (I think that is how you spell it) amongst other items.
Another area of interest would be the bottles made for Australian companies with American names. For some reason we have a number of fruit jars and bitters with American names, such as in fruit jars: American, Frisco, Canadian (I know Canada is not America) and others which elude me at the moment, but in my specialty field of bitters there are: New York (several colours), Philadelphia, Frisco (again), Milwaukee (a magnificent, super rare cabin bitters), St Louis, Boston, I have a rare Melbroune bitters embossed American Hop bitters on it and again there are more.
Another area that I have just recently become involved in is the ever expanding area of online bottle auctions. To date there are no such auctions in Australia. Myself with two other friends have just decided to start one up, with the first auction on July 18th through to August 1st. We do have some US items in there, such as a Jules Hauel bears grease lid, as well as some nice Warners, poisons and food jars that may be of interest.
Send me a PM for further details.
Anyway, if anyone has any questions, please PM me.
I will attempt to keep a regular presence on here in any spare time I get, which is slightly limited.
In the meantime, thanks for providing a great forum!

Cheers,
Travis Dunn

epackage

Reaction score
Welcome Travis, this site is THEE bottle worlds best, best of luck with your endeavors in the auction world and hope to see you here often......Jim

GuntherHess

Reaction score
Good to hear from you. I get requests every so often to identify USA medicines found in the gold rush areas.

epackage

Reaction score
Your auction page link and your bottle review page aren't working Travis.......Jim

potstone

Reaction score
Travis,
Welcome to the Antique-Bottles.Net forum. I feel it’s a great asset to have forum members from abroad. I have always been fascinated seeing how bottles from different areas of the
world show up thousands of miles from their original origin. It adds that mystique to an newly acquired piece. I am also a member of Britain’s “Bottle Digging.UK†forum and it has been a very rewarding experience for myself. I think shared information from down under on this forum would be fantastic. I want to congratulate you and your partners for your newly created bottle auction. Best of luck. Once again “Welcomeâ€.
Greg

RED Matthews

Reaction score
Welcome Travis Dunn, I have been to your country and New Zealand to visit your glass factories and put on two seminars for the companies manufacturing people and engineering people. I loved the whole experience and we developed business with them that is still working.
Southern New Zealand, totally blew me away with its' natural beauty.

Visit my home page and you will know more about my work.
RED Matthews

glass man

Reaction score
WELCOME....FROM UP OVER [:D]...GLAD TO HAVE YOU ABOARD!!! [&:] JAMIE

bostaurus

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. The bottles on your auction site were fabulous. It is a lot of fun to look at bottles you have never seen before. The embossing was great.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jimk26