Hello...

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

AiXeLsyD13

Reaction score
Hello, I'm new (obviously). I don't know how I got into collecting bottles, but I guess I'd have enough now to say it's a collection. I like looking in antique stores, and usually the bottles and glass stuff catch my eye... and all the one's I've bought have been in a nice low price range. I really haven't leaned one way or another as far as types/colors/age, and I even have a bunch that aren't antiques yet on my shelf. I have a few things that aren't even bottles, they just said "buy me". I've been looking around this forum and it's an awesoem resource. I found it by searching for ways to clean some of the bottles. Glad I found it! Maybe one day I'll focus the collection. Maybe not. I'm juts amused by shiny things at the moment more than value/rarity. How would I tell the age of the bottles to post questions in the identification forums?

I took some photos recently... some of the bottles are dust though, & it's time for spring cleaning. I've got some nice built-in cabinets in my apartment that display the bottles pretty well. I just wish I had some lights in there... but I don't want to destroy the woodwork or anger the landlord...

Here's a few...
P1010522.jpg
P1010517.jpg
P1010496.jpg
P1010486.jpg
P1010488.jpg
P1010487.jpg
P1010476.jpg
P1010492.jpg
P1010493.jpg
P1010494.jpg
P1010489.jpg

...and all the rest are here: http://s14.photobucket.com/albums/a302/AiXeLsyD13/Antique%20Bottles%20-%2003-27-2007/

Other stuff about me? Everything you want to know (& more) is probably at http://www.myspace.com/aixelsyd13

southern Maine diver

Reaction score
Aixelysd13...

Hey Eric, welcome to the forum! You'll find answers to any and most all of your questions right here about your bottles. Lot of members collect ACL sodas and they can turn you on to some good information.[;)]

You certainly have a colorful collection going on there. Sooner or later you'll specialize and narrow it down to what you want to collect, but for now... hey! If you have the room, plenty of shelf space and the landlord doesn't mind... go for it![:eek:] Collect anything and everything you can...

Welcome aboard...

Wayne [&:]

AiXeLsyD13

Reaction score
Thanks! Is there a glossary anywhere? (ACL?) Ha ha ha.

I'll have to take some better photos of all the ones I'm most interested in. Do a lot of you catalog your collections in any way?

I'll keep going as long as the fiancee doesn't start throwing out any bottles... [sm=lol.gif]

Tony14

Reaction score
Its a little tuough to get down but pretty soon youll have it!

ACL-Applied colored label, the soda bottles with the painted on labels..

Heres some other terms that you might hear...

BIM-Blown in mold, seam stops below the lip making it an earlier bottle
ABM-Automatic Bottle Machine, seam goes throught the lip incicating a bottle after the year 1900.
NDNR-No deposit no return

And there are a lot more, those are just the big ones. IF you need any help, everyone here on the forum has a ton of knowledge(thats how i learned everything!)

P.S. Welcome to the forum cant wait to see more posts!

southern Maine diver

Reaction score
Eric...

Find out what she's interested in (bottle wise) and surprise her with a little "trinket" every now and then. Most of the wives of bottle diggers/divers I know would rather see "hubby" out diggin bottles than looking for something else...[:eek:]

My wife can't wait till I'm underwater hunting for bottles! "Go! Get out of here! Go dive for some bottles!" She yells as she kicks me out sometimes... she just gets tired of me chasing her around the house, that's all...[;)]

Wayne

zanes_antiques

Reaction score
Pittsburgh Eh?

Now we're in my neck of the woods. Welcome to the forum. If I can help out in any way please feel free to ask. I've become more knowledgable on PGH Bottles. I have a few from there too. Not many of our Spouses on here are all that wild about our hobby so don't feel bad if your future Hubby or wifey wants to throw them out. It's natural!

capsoda

Reaction score
Hey Eric, Welcome to the forum. Watch out for that diver guy. He spends to much time under water holding his breath and i think it does brain damage.[sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif]
Try the link I have included. It is loaded with info.

Hey Wayne.......[:D]

http://bottleinfo.historicbottles.com/

cobaltbot

Reaction score
Welcome, also using the Search feature on this site can be very helpfull.

AiXeLsyD13

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: zanes_antiques

Pittsburgh Eh?

Now we're in my neck of the woods. Welcome to the forum. If I can help out in any way please feel free to ask. I've become more knowledgable on PGH Bottles. I have a few from there too.

Cool! Steubenville isn't that far away. Thanks to all for the warm welcome.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carpenter