Help! Huge Bottle Collection to Dispose of

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
It doesn't look too promising in the bottle arena yet but the figures, clock and other things could be something. Is the clock in particular an electric or just battery?

cosborn

Reaction score
cowseatmaize - it's neither. It has a mainspring and there's a hole in the back for a key but I haven't found the key.

peejrey

Reaction score
Hello Cosborn, In my own opinion, the milks and whiskeys would be good cleaned up traders, and gifts to the locals. If they are from around you anyway.. I also see the lookings of some labeled meds and poisons. Almost anything labeled is worth money. Personally if there were some small meds that were from around where you live I would keep those, and anything else from around such as sodas.
On the third picture, directly to the right of the Bromo-Seltzer at the bottom, I see something broke, but with a label around the neck.
I'm now also seeing some carnival glass I have..
The avons generally go over good at old antique store especially if they still have the label on the underside, an/or the paint is still on them.(condition really matters on them)
having any boxes for the bottles help too. The figurines I'm not so sure about, they're yardsale stuff if you ask me..
To me it definitely looks promising, but it's all in the eyes of the beholder..
Good luck!
_Preston

carobran

Reaction score
the bottles dont look all that great,some milks and sodas bring good money though...[:)]

AntiqueMeds

Reaction score
I see some turn of the century medicines there that could be interesting. Odds are they are common ones but you might find a couple cures mixed in. Any of the medicine bottles with embossing should be checked out to see if they are uncommon.

lexdigger

Reaction score
Looks like they collected a little of everything. It also looks as if A LOT of the bottles are Dug. This is the type of collection that you really have to pick through piece by piece. Based on the age range I'm seeing, there could be some Sleepers in there!!!

carobran

Reaction score
I looked at the pics again and thought i saw a couple of druggists,if there are those could sell well depending on how hard they are to find and who collects bottles from that area...[:)]

tigue710

Reaction score
there ought to be a local collector who will take that stuff off your hands... if you dont get any contact through the forum here put em on craiggslist... I would bet there's some decent bottles sleeping there. It looks like what you have is the "didnt make the cut" portion of the collection, as in bottles that were not on display at one time, just brought home and packed up...

carobran

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: cosborn

Pic 3 retry

0AB9F42B9BEE42089CEF09E72E62ACFC.jpg
what is the greenish bottle in the left side of the box with the flared lip?..is it embossed?..it looks to be pretty old,probably the oldest one i can see[:)]

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aarhar75