help ID, NUjO1

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

pkokich

Reaction score
The bottle is a clear flask,10cm's wide and 12 tall with seams running to the top the word NUjO1 {NU and O are underlined} is embosed across the front.On the base in what apears to be a pontil is a dimond with an I inside it and a 7 outside the pontil.
Any one help cheers.

Maine Digger

Reaction score
If there's a seam running all the way up, it's a ABM bottle (machine made) the diamond symbol is a trade mark for Diamond Glass, 1924 - present. You might want to check your library for a book on bottles to geta better idea of a pontil mark. Or better yet, check out the links for this site - there's a great deal of good information and pictures out there! Good luck with your hunt

kendolbottles1black

Reaction score
hey pkokich, i think this is the bottle you have i do not no what it is either. i dug mine in q.l.d. australia. buy for now ken[:D]

Ec87667.jpg

Attachments

• Ec87667.jpg
    Ec87667.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 111

Maine Digger

Reaction score
Now that I see the picture, I've seen that bottle in my digs at newer sites before. I passed on it because its not something I'm normally interested in. If you look again at the embossing, I think you'll agree that that's a i not a 1. Read it phonetically and it seems to say "New JOY" - sounds like toilet water or cologne?

pkokich

Reaction score
thanks heaps ,thats the bottle .What a good site this is ,I will have to get a camera when i sell my boat.

Harry Pristis

Reaction score
NUJOL is a mineral oil laxative which is still available in Canada, though not in the USA apparently.

--------Harry Pristis

Maine Digger

Reaction score
I guess if it relieves constipation, you would be more 'joyful' than you were before you took it! No - I don't think I've seen it locally sold, but being here (Maine) perhaps the ones I've seen were smuggled across the nearby border.

IRISH

Reaction score
I've found those bottles on army camps here in Victoria, they are not very old maybe 1930's-40's. Interesting to know they are a laxative, I always thought they where an aftershave (would not go well under the armpits [:'(] [:D] ).

woody

Reaction score
Yes, I've found these before in New Hampshire and was always curious about what it may have been.
I thought it may have been a cosmetic bottle, also.
Didn't look old enough to keep, though.

kendolbottles1black

Reaction score
hey all, i found the bottle in a 1940s dump with heaps of crown seal soft drink bottles. i am not into crown seals so i gave them to a fellow collecter. by for now ken[:D]

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kennyg1960